• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster

GC: 'Lots of effort, we just lacked quality'

Interviewer: 'There seemed to be a lack of quality in the final third'

GC: 'I don't think there's a lack of quality'

He looks stressed. Poor guy, hope he turns it around. Or gets relieved of his duties.
Yay! More time on the training pitch....

Memphis09

His job is to sign players... if they turn out to be rubbish it's his fault
You can say that about any manager even Ferguson sign right muppets

Memphis09

I'm hoping that the next 2 weeks what they do in training etc won't lead to another 7-0 tonking, If by the looks of it The board are standing by Caldwell he should be going up and down the country looking for at least 2 forwards that he could sign in January and not on the 31st as last minute panic buys.
He can’t go unless you could be his chauffeur

manc grecian

You can say that about any manager even Ferguson sign right muppets
You can. But we've gone from Brown, Nombe, Stansfield to Scott, Muskwe and Diabate in the space of six months.

His fault.

Memphis09

I dont care how much of an improvement was shown tonight. That team in general looked disjointed with very little understanding of each others play. Its a very poor team, the worst I've seen in many seasons.
Funny really at the beginning of the season it was best I have seen for many a season
How things go pear shape

manc grecian

No they weren’t justified at all
The players gave it all
Just need that cutting edge
When is it arriving? It's for a game I don't want to miss.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The line about lack of belief rather than quality was baffling mind.

12 goals in 18 games and only 1 in the last 7 isn’t a lack of belief IMO.
We played Diabate up front. There's no one, surely, saying Diabate is a league one quality centre forward, including Cheik and his Mum. He's in the side because he's our most effective centre forward. Just to remind you, we don't have an unprecedented injury crisis up front. We've got one player (who's more of a winger) with a sore toe. It's a lack of quality.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
What OUR FAN OWNED CLUB needs is Vili as captain - a great honest attitude from a true football fan who cares about us fans.
Vili is destined for great things - sadly not as a Grecian unless his attitude is transferred to the rest of the squad - just listen ............

Memphis09

What a condescending and pompous point of view.

Those fans got behind the team all game. They have paid to watch match after match and not seen a goal in front of the Big Bank since the Reading league game in August. If they want to boo at the end of the match to voice their displeasure at one of the worst runs of results in our club's history, they are absolutely entitled to.
Don’t think you should boo when the players have given it there all
You cannot disagree with that surly

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Don’t think you should boo when the players have given it there all
You cannot disagree with that surly
like others have said it’s very unlikely the fans who booed was booing at the players effort - there most likely booing because we haven’t won a league game since Mid September and have scored 1 league goal in 630 minutes

if they don’t boo at the end when are they supposed too?

i personally don’t boo - but each to there own isn’t it?

Reactions: Ash