• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Planning application for new training ground facilities

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't buy into the concept that you can't build in another local authority area. In looking at Google Maps around the Cliff Hill area, less than 500 yards away I found a site as large as Cliff Hill belonging to Exeter Athletic Rugby Club. How did they obtain that site for sporting use? Is this a site that we could possibly buy? This is on the southern side of the A3052 and would not interfere with the urban expansion to the north.
In looking Exeter athletic Rugby Club up on the net it says "some users are reporting that this business does not exist."

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
In looking Exeter athletic Rugby Club up on the net it says "some users are reporting that this business does not exist."
Is it the land they use for parking on matchdays?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it the land they use for parking on matchdays?
No. there 4 or 5 pitches there.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't buy into the concept that you can't build in another local authority area. In looking at Google Maps around the Cliff Hill area, less than 500 yards away I found a site as large as Cliff Hill belonging to Exeter Athletic Rugby Club. How did they obtain that site for sporting use? Is this a site that we could possibly buy? This is on the southern side of the A3052 and would not interfere with the urban expansion to the north.
Isn't that the Chiefs academy site on Oil Mill Lane?

Antony Moxey

They use it for training, in exactly the same way we use the C&F

Colesman Ballz

Weren't the Chiefs looking to build a new training ground out that way ? Could they own the site, but be unable to afford properly developing it at this juncture in time ? :unsure:

denzel

Weren't the Chiefs looking to build a new training ground out that way ? Could they own the site, but be unable to afford properly developing it at this juncture in time ? :unsure:
I don't think that site is suitable for a new stadium anyway. Access along that lane is poor

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would they sell a training and reserve match facility to us when they use it all the time?

tea stand

Am I in a minority here that wants Exeter City to stay where we are? St James Park... in the heart of the city. Its our home not just a ground or stadium, our home. Its our loci, where our hopes,dreams and memories exist forever. It is Exeter City and it is beautiful!

Andy_H

I take it that you've never 'TRIED' to drive past the Westpoint Show Ground when there are events on, or Chiefs are using it for parking - it's a nightmare! They have to have temporary traffic lights to allow those people leaving the ground any chance of gettig iinto the traffic. So imagine what it's gonig to be like with a football crowd leaving an 'out of town' stadium when the majority have had to drive because public transport doesn't run to any form of logic. The area you point out is directly opposite the entrance to Westpoint, but handy for Kenniford Farms food, which could be a bonus!!.