• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
How do you mean? I said literally said we deserved the win?

You say it in your post "we also", and acknowledgement that I was spot on.

You're a very sensitive soul aren't you 😂

Carlisle had some really good chances and didn't put them away, we did - simple as.

Well happy with the points and the performance was a good one
Think some people who've "kept the faith" feel a psychological need to exclude doubters from the joy of victory for some reason.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
goal celebrations?
3 goals and 9 subs would have to be 6 minutes at least.

ryancooper327

Starting XI average positions:

IMG_2019.jpeg

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The performances are much better. Whether City have the quality to beat teams higher up in the league remains a question mark. But, as i said, the performances are soooo much better.
Pompey, Wycombe and today have been decent in terms of performance and GC deserves credit for that - from a very low point he has steadied the ship.

Feel like Harris should bring more out of our attacking players; Cox and Aitchinson looked better alongside his movement - it sometimes just as much what a player does off the ball as well as on it. Liked Harris' aggression too.

Thought Jules was great before he came off - Hartridge on the other hand continues to drift. We are still far too easy to part open - there's usually at least 1 on 1 a game atm.

Looking forward to seeing some additions, because today was a massive test with the respective positions. We're in touch with those above and hopefully can go on a bit of a run soon.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whatever anyone may or may not think of Caldwell today was a hugely needed win and credit to all involved. Whilst we are far from a good side ATM but a massive win and hopefully we can build on this now to avoid the drop.

This season ours goals

18 scored.

4 against Carlisle 2-0 and 2-1
4 against Reading 2-1 and 2-3
4 against Wycombe 3-0 and 1-0

66.6% of our seasons goals have come against 3 sides in 6 games. We have scored six in the other 19 matches.

Bridgy 81

Well done lads. 7 points from 4 games.
Exactly what I thought.
Well done to everyone concerned.
There’s a long way to go, I know, and there are bound to be more missteps, but I’m hoping (and prefer to think) we might be starting on an upward trajectory.
News (soon, fingers crossed) of striker reinforcements will be a further boost too.
Anyway let’s enjoy this evening, we haven’t had many in the last few months.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think some people who've "kept the faith" feel a psychological need to exclude doubters from the joy of victory for some reason.
Weird isn't it. Like they get more joy from some misplaced belief that it upsets other city supporters than joy from the win itself.

Mr Jinx

Port vale equalised in the last minute, ffs

Bat Fastard

Get in there!! A bad night for the boo boys
You’ve been waiting about 3 months to post this haven’t you chap?

manc grecian

The performances have improved since Diabate returned at the back and Rankine provided us with some legs and balance.

We're still overly slow in possession and welcome Carlisle not bothering to attack for 80 minutes.

I'm never confident We're not too far away from losing ten on the bounce again but at least it's improved.