• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't want to be one of those I told you so w***ers (but I am one).. anyone still jealous of Carlisle getting Armstrong in very very early for what is probably a serious chunk of cash, somewhere south, but not too far south of half a mil + big wages?
The time to judge Carlisle and it’s big spending is probably not the first week in January.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since the Bolton thrashing we've had a series of games where we had to pick up points to have any chance, and we've come in at about par, more or less. It will be a real scrap until the end of the season, but at least we're in the fight, along with 10 or more others.

"Must win" is an over-used phrase in football but this was. It doesn't make anyone a "happy clapper" for enjoying it.
Hopefully a few players coming back from injury and a handful of decent signings will give us a decent chance of winning that scrap.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I definitely never wrote things like “if we need to lose again and again until GC gets sacked I’m all for it” or whatever some twot was writing the other day. If you’re going to interrogate my posts from ten years ago please do, weirdos
If you can't see the irony in your extreme sensitivity to all criticisms of Caldwell during our worst run for 7,024 years, despite calling for the head of our most succesful ever manager halfway through his tenure with us, then I'm sad for you.

Grecian Max

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 17.33.43.png

Hallelujah!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The time to judge Carlisle and it’s big spending is probably not the first week in January.
The time to judge whether doing your business extremely early for the sake of doing it extremely early would be the first week of January, yes.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The time to judge whether doing your business extremely early for the sake of doing it extremely early would be the first week of January, yes.
not necessarily. Getting him early prevents others from signing him.

Hmmm I’m in the Caldwell out camp, but think being combative should be a two way st, if it’s ok for fellow fans to be called lemmings, happy clappers etc for holding opposite opinions. Don’t think people should be precious if it comes back at them from people who see it differently. Sure every one thinks their perspective is best for the club, at the end of the day…

supernova

If you can't see the irony in your extreme sensitivity to all criticisms of Caldwell during our worst run for 7,024 years, despite calling for the head of our most succesful ever manager halfway through his tenure with us, then I'm sad for you.
At least my walls aren’t adorned with Tisdale posters and an empty box of Kleenex under my bed. I don’t think the currently manager is that fabulous but the negativity on here has been appalling

STURTZ

Be funny when the boo boys are recognised as the biggest threat to our league 1 survival.

Get behind the team!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whatever anyone may or may not think of Caldwell today was a hugely needed win and credit to all involved. Whilst we are far from a good side ATM but a massive win and hopefully we can build on this now to avoid the drop.

This season ours goals

18 scored.

4 against Carlisle 2-0 and 2-1
4 against Reading 2-1 and 2-3
4 against Wycombe 3-0 and 1-0

66.6% of our seasons goals have come against 3 sides in 6 games. We have scored six in the other 19 matches.
To add to this quickly

15 of our 26 points have come against these 3 sides or 57.6%

We'd be comfortable champions if we only had to play these 3