• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Boyo

A lot of comments about how poor league 1 is this year, but is it really that different to last year? Arguably the three that came down weakened it slightly in that they aren’t as good as Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and the other side that went up, but then a couple of the sides that came up are stronger than the sides that were relegated so maybe slightly weaker overall, but is it really as bad are some are suggesting? You may be right of course. As always, all a matter of opinion, and many will have seen more games than me due to my work rotas and travel from Wales.
Yeah, I agree with this. Lots of people saying that the league is poor this year, as if there's empirical evidence to back it up. I don't think there's an Ipswich this year, who were head and shoulders the best team last year, whereas on the flip side FGR and Morecambe were weaker than anything I've seen this season.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, I agree with this. Lots of people saying that the league is poor this year, as if there's empirical evidence to back it up. I don't think there's an Ipswich this year, who were head and shoulders the best team last year, whereas on the flip side FGR and Morecambe were weaker than anything I've seen this season.
Teams are up and down over the season... Morecambe, FGR and Accrington all looked like a very easy day out last year. We've been much poorer, so the equivalent opponents like Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Carlisle, we've made harder work of. Essentially, we've been that easy day out for a lot of teams for a big patch of the season. Think there are more clubs in that bracket this year, but it's hard to compare.

That Accrington side we beat 5-0 would've fancied at least a point if they'd come to SJP this November.

What you suggest is that both the Rovers and Barnsley games were smash and grab raids by implying the opposition were asleep. Both games as you well know were on the back of a good run of games over a period of a month. I f you want to stick to your rigid narrative carry on while the rest of us enjoy this good football and well done Gary for turning it around
My narrative? What that if we lose the next couple of games we could come crashing back down to reality?
We’re doing well last few games, we are all enjoying it. Didn’t this happen at the start of the season then we ran into trouble for a long period that took GC a long period to change. Just balanced and sceptical that’s all

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess this is the article and quote Mr Fastard is referring to:

Thinking back to this, it's encouraging to remember that Caldwell doesn't feel as constrained by our budget/ownership model as many of our supporters on here.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thinking back to this, it's encouraging to remember that Caldwell doesn't feel as constrained by our budget/ownership model as many of our supporters on here.
Also I can’t recall him complaining about the location when trying to bring people in

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gary Caldwell page 666 :devilish:

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gary Caldwell page 666 :devilish:

True that. The one thing I like about Caldwell is I think he actually believes he’s going to take us to the Championship and he can build a team in his style that will take us up. I mean is he deluded? Does he have the ability who knows? It is interesting…and you can’t say he’s not ambitious, like many you’ve already mentioned

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
True that. The one thing I like about Caldwell is I think he actually believes he’s going to take us to the Championship and he can build a team in his style that will take us up. I mean is he deluded? Does he have the ability who knows? It is interesting…and you can’t say he’s not ambitious, like many you’ve already mentioned
Well to be fair, he has already done it at Wigan, albeit with a ready built squad and a more generous budget.

Memphis09

He hasn’t exactly come back yet has he, I still haven’t worked out if this is just luck and we’ve just caught Rovers and Barnsley sleeping at a good time. If he Keeps us up he’s done his job.
If he Fails to pick up a win in the next 12 games then he should never have had 10 lives.
GC is hardly the resurrection and the life, just yet.
Don’t think it has been luck in the last two away games we have been the better team in both cases and played some very good football
The bad run did coincide with a really bad run of injuries