• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bristol Rovers match day thread

Mid Devon Grecian

FFS, why do they do this to us? I hate football at times.
Sell out crowd, started well, noisy atmosphere, go one down and you can just feel the joy start to be sucked out of the ground. So frustrating.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn’t deserve to lose but not sure we deserved to win.

We just aren’t clinical enough going forward. Changes needed on Tuesday.

How Ilmari stayed on the field over Harper and Rankine I’ll never know.
Very disappointing result a great opportunity to really move up and away from the danger zone and to pull others back down into trouble.

BigBankAl

When we moved it quick looked alright. Rankine/Harper good, Diabate good.

like Max/Manc say really want to feel the love for Caldwell, but too often we’re so pedestrian.

On another day a draw of the wind was right behind Vinny’s great shot, and Cole’s free kick is another two inches

Red faced

Sonny has definitely improved since he’s come back and the stats back that up

Wasn’t great today and needed to be subbed earlier but then Eisa looked anonymous too in our set up

We don’t have the shape to provide many decent opportunities
what do the stats say about his one-on-ones with the keeper??

JayPob94

We are also boring though

The success of the last two aways were based on raising the tempo - today was back to the same old pointless triangles and occasional hoofball.

We weren’t horrific and created two particularly good one one ones that we should have finished so I’m not offended by todays efforts

But f*ck me this is a dry era of football at Exeter
Their goalkeeper was MOTM......

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Again I think our main problem was not scoring first. We looked good for 15 mins, they scored against the run of play, after that we struggled to break them down at all.

Grecian Max

what do the stats say about his one-on-ones with the keeper??
Surely you judge a player over a series of games and not one moment?

Their goalkeeper was MOTM......
Feel a Sonny in 3 years scores that one on one. Or an Eisa now

Mr Jinx

I think this is why I don’t understand the dogged defence in Caldwell when he was in real trouble (that ship has sailed now)

The results were horrific but there was the style too - it’s not crowd pleasing stuff. If we’re to keep up our growth in crowds we can’t be playing like that every at SJP.

Easily some of the dullest football I’ve seen whilst watching City. Tisdale did a good job challenging that at times, but this tops it.
England cricket team gives us Bazball.

Caldwell's City gives us Boreball.

Brinty IFA

We must be one of the easiest teams to defend a lead against...very, very frustrating to watch and we never really looked like scoring an equaliser, just like earlier in the season..
Never looked like scoring an equaliser? We had 2 one on ones and hit the woodwork twice?