• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers vs Exeter City match day thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst I applaud the Club taking this action to refund our supporters, it was simply inexcusable for someone in our Club to accept this in the first place. That it was only made a "Test Event" at the last minute was down to Rovers foreign owners actions when they decided to simply go ahead and start redeveloping their South Stand illegally and without applying Planning Permission or Building Regulations consent in the first place. Imagine the furore if we had done similar with the Stanno Stand ?
It was never the "right thing to do" as the Club now claims, and the idiot(s) who made that decision should be named and vilified accordingly, as it showed a complete lack of appreciation of our ownership model and ethos ! :mad:
I read it as the club accepting that additional Rovers fans who hadn't already bought a ticket were being offered ones for a tenner, and we were OK with that, but they subsequently decided to refund the Rovers fans who had already paid 26, and we then thought that should apply to us.

Fareham Grecian

I read it as the club accepting that additional Rovers fans who hadn't already bought a ticket were being offered ones for a tenner, and we were OK with that, but they subsequently decided to refund the Rovers fans who had already paid 26, and we then thought that should apply to us.
Which it should, of course. Good move by the club but I flippin hope Rovers do the right thing.

Colesman Ballz

Rovers had run their South Stand previous home match as a 50% capacity test event and wanted our match to fulfil the 75% capacity test to allow the match the following Saturday v Oxford to be 100%. From the OUTSET they were offering a limited number of tickets upto a 75% capacity at a tenner, AND offering their fans who had already purchased tickets a credit on the difference. Additionally they offered their fans who had already purchased tickets in other areas for the game the same incentive, ie swop to the South Stand and receive the credit. The only fans with advance tickets at the Memorial not given this opportunity were ours ! In the event they did not achieve 75% capacity and repeated the same offer for the Oxford match.
Somebody at our end simply went ahead and gave the o.k. without a thought for our fans making the trip ! That's what was wrong and makes my blood boil ! :mad:

Grecian Max

Mountain, molehill

Rovers will obviously back down, they do it all the time such as not offering family season tickets and now changing their mind after "feedback" 😅

I hope every uses their 10 pounds wisely

denzel

Mountain, molehill

Rovers will obviously back down, they do it all the time such as not offering family season tickets and now changing their mind after "feedback" 😅

Grecian Max

Wow now you're talking 💰💰💰

grecIAN Harris

Mountain, molehill

They can all take turns in buying you a programme over the next couple of seasons so you get quite so bored so easily.

Grecian Max

They can all take turns in buying you a programme over the next couple of seasons so you get quite so bored so easily.
You'd know the feeling if you'd watched all the games

Now where's my new headphones? 📩

grecIAN Harris

You'd know the feeling if you'd watched all the games

Now where's my new headphones? 📩
The way you carry on you'd think I've only seen about four or five this season.

JW57++

The problem is that, if Exeter fans are treated the same as Rovers fans, they will all be given a £16 refund on future matches at Bristol Rovers.