• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Orient vs Exeter prediction and discussion thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One of my favourite away days! The first of three away games as we look to better last season's points total and table position.

Preview

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
The home game against Orient was the beginning of the good start to the season unravelling. I thought at the time it was a temporary blip caused by the horribly high temperature. A good performance and result at Brisbane Road will show how far we've come. Sad memories also of our performance there just after Stanno died. Also the performance that led to the Exeweb meltdown early on in our promotion season. Many ghosts to be laid to rest....

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Game between 2 sides with very little to play for, although we could still technically go down and they could still technically sneak into the play offs.

Going to go for 1-1, be interesting to see what GC does with the line up as he's hinted at giving players an opportunity for the remainder of the season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think we will have a bad day at the office. Critical players in Cole and Cox very unlikely to play and Orient a very decent team. 2-0 loss incoming. 632 Grecians however in full voice

Orient look decent and playing well, think we will earn a point , 1v1 Harris

denzel

Would have gone on the Saturday but will be i-following this one.

Should be a able to play with fredledom and I think maybe 2-2. Aitchison and a rare goal from Carroll

Exehausted

I would do what Gary hinted at and play a semi experimental side at the start. He said that players who wont be here next season wont see much action now. I take that to mean the loan players and those who wont be signing for next season. Obviously Vils will be the exception to this rule.
Vils
Fitzwater, Aimson, Jules,
Watts, Richards, Cole, Carroll, Harper,
Aitchison, Alli.

Subs. Sweeney, Rankine, Niskanen, Woods, Harris, Eisa and a goalie.

I know a lot of people will think it's a risk to play Richards but I thought he did well on Saturday and deserves a chance alongside Cole and Carroll to help him through. Alli also looked more controlled on Saturday and didn't gas like he had in previous games. I'm sure the team wont look anything like this!

Spoonz Red E

I feel Gary has two targets yet this season.
He'll want to get as many of the 12 available remaining possible points (see numerous references to 'going on to have a successful season')
and he'll want to continue to proof his preferred playing system, particularly with those players he is keeping, so the confidence is there at the summer break.

Within that there is some room for trying out some new things with fringe players but I would think the Caldwell 'discipline' remains by and large.

CWH-NYC_

Just hope it is a fun watch and we get something from it. As to team, not clue after what GC has indicated.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feel Gary has two targets yet this season.
He'll want to get as many of the 12 available remaining possible points (see numerous references to 'going on to have a successful season')
and he'll want to continue to proof his preferred playing system, particularly with those players he is keeping, so the confidence is there at the summer break.

Within that there is some room for trying out some new things with fringe players but I would think the Caldwell 'discipline' remains by and large.
The Orient and Northampton are to a certain extent free hits as our opponents also have nothing to play for. However, given Vale and Oxford are still in need of points it would be quite disrespectful to the clubs they are competing against if we played obviously weakened teams against them.