• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
THIS!!! :mad:
Microsoft begins showing full screen Windows 11 ad on Windows 10 PCs as end of support date looms (msn.com)
Not the fact that M$ are beginning to give notice of the change, (times move on as they say). But the fact that you apparently won't be able to turn the "nag-screen" off.
Full disclosure: My "desktop gaming rig" - which I use primarily for VR gaming with VR and driving sims - although not even 5 years old yet - does not meet the draconian M$ requirement for TPM 2.0 to run W11. Or at least not without a degree-level amount of IT tinkering.
I'm well aware of the possible "security risks" but I'm still not willing to junk a still perfectly functional and adequate piece of hardware and shell out north of £1K just to meet their demands. While more that willing to carry on and "take the risk" I DO NOT want to be pestered by a corporate order.
I do hope that there will be some way of shutting Mr Gates' successors up.
(Incidentally, I do also have one of Microsoft's own Surface Tablets (i7 processor and all) which is a bit newer than the above, but that, also, is not W11 ready. Security measure, or just an incestuous marketing ploy?)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

As a parent of an Autistic child I would make it my lifes work to make sure this POS stays behind bars for the rest of her life !

You horrible ba$tard , Beating a defenceless child for no reason.

DB9

Unbelievable!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I got a ransom note from the Royal Mail yesterday.

An item is being held up because "the sender did not pay the full postage". The RM will release said item (whatever it may be) if I care to cough up a fiver. I think not.

DB9

An item is being held up because "the sender did not pay the full postage". The RM will release said item (whatever it may be) if I care to cough up a fiver. I think not.
Official or scam?

Official or scam?
Apparently there have been thousands of fake stamps circulated by China. If a letter is posted with the stamp then RM are fining the recipient £5.

so a scam and also official

---------------------

"Royal Mail has accused Border Force of failing to stop thousands of fake stamps that are flooding into Britain from China - leaving victims paying £5 penalties to collect their post.

A senior executive at the postal service questioned why the forgeries were not being intercepted at the border and urged ministers to 'put pressure' on officials to tackle the problem.

Security experts have described the 'industrial scale' influx of fakes as 'economic warfare' with the 'tacit approval' of the Chinese Communist Party, sparking a diplomatic row as China dismissed the claims as 'baseless' and 'absurd'.

DB9

Apparently there have been thousands of fake stamps circulated by China. If a letter is posted with the stamp then RM are fining the recipient £5.

so a scam and also official

---------------------

"Royal Mail has accused Border Force of failing to stop thousands of fake stamps that are flooding into Britain from China - leaving victims paying £5 penalties to collect their post.

A senior executive at the postal service questioned why the forgeries were not being intercepted at the border and urged ministers to 'put pressure' on officials to tackle the problem.

Security experts have described the 'industrial scale' influx of fakes as 'economic warfare' with the 'tacit approval' of the Chinese Communist Party, sparking a diplomatic row as China dismissed the claims as 'baseless' and 'absurd'.
Heard about this the other day, I was wondering if it was a txt saying you owe £5 etc, There are a lot of scams who use that method to get your bank details, It use to be "Postage was £1.99 short" and then tell you to go to a link etc Perhaps they think if they use this story about the Chinese forged stamps it might sound more convincing?

Alistair20000

Think again.

It might be my parcel of luxury dog biscuits and other treats ;)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I read the counterfeits are so good that the Royal Mail cannot tell the difference and people are being charged the fiver when the stamps used were actually genuine.

Colesman Ballz

And if you pay a fiver is there any guarantee that bleddy Royal Mail will even deliver it ? I sent a cheque by 1st Class post for my car Insurance EIGHT weeks ago, and it still.l hasn't arrived at my broker ! Absolutely bleddy useless, the stamp was bought from the main Exeter post office in WHSmith and it was even posted there. Perhaps I should ask them for a fiver ?