• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Luke Harris

budegrecian

Harris is playing in the Wales U-21 ,so has a bright future if managed well. I can't see Fulham choosing a development path any different to Stansfield for Harris, so I think he is nailed on for a Championship loan next season.
If he’d had a full season with us, I would have agreed with you, and that could still be the case. However, as he hasn’t played that many games, they might prefer for him to stay with us for another season or at least until January, knowing that he will start pretty much every game, rather than being on the bench for a championship team.

Here’s hoping.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure until recently people were saying he wasn't good enough.
I mean you only have to go to page 24 of this thread..

AndyR

one of those where I hope in a way he doesn't score again this season and raise his stock beyond us
Agreed. It might sound bizarre to say it, but the last thing we need is either loads of goals from him between now and the end of the season or- just as bad- a hat-trick in the last game or two. I remember GC saying that Jay Stansfield's hat-trick at the end of last season had "killed us" in terms of getting him back.

Given that Luke is playing every match, I'd have thought a 6 month loan until January could suit all parties very well.

JGrecian23

I'm sure until recently people were saying he wasn't good enough.
I mean you only have to go to page 24 of this thread..
He isn't good enough. However he scored a goal at the weekend and that generally makes City fans think they are a world beater who should be signed for life.

Bridgy 81

I’ve been very impressed by Luke, especially his effort and application.
For some reason I thought he was purely an attacking midfielder (probably in part because of his own description of himself as a goal scorer) when he finally arrived in January.
But whenever I’ve seen him he shows immense tenacity.
He also seems very invested with his teammates and our club by his responses, reactions and celebrations on the pitch.
He understandably took a bit of time to find his feet but he’s now added goals to his performances in recent weeks.
Plus (with a bit of help from Pedro) he scored our goal of the season yesterday.
All this and he only just turned 19 last month.
I hope Fulham can see the benefit being with us is doing him and loan him back to us next season as well.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve been very impressed by Luke, especially his effort and application.
For some reason I thought he was purely an attacking midfielder (probably in part because of his own description of himself as a goal scorer) when he finally arrived in January.
But whenever I’ve seen him he shows immense tenacity.
He also seems very invested with his teammates and our club by his responses, reactions and celebrations on the pitch.
He understandably took a bit of time to find his feet but he’s now added goals to his performances in recent weeks.
Plus (with a bit of help from Pedro) he scored our goal of the season yesterday.
All this and he only just turned 19 last month.
I hope Fulham can see the benefit being with us is doing him and loan him back to us next season as well.
Me too. I really like his adaptability. He is a proper footballer and can play anywhere. Would love to have him back next season as I think he would add a great deal to our squad.

Exehausted

Me too. I really like his adaptability. He is a proper footballer and can play anywhere. Would love to have him back next season as I think he would add a great deal to our squad.
I agree but I would imagine that Fulham will be looking for him to go to a Championship club. QPR would be a good local fit for him I would think.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree but I would imagine that Fulham will be looking for him to go to a Championship club. QPR would be a good local fit for him I would think.
Sadly, I agree. However, it will be tempting for Fulham to send him somewhere that he will (almost definitely) play regularly. The fact he has improved since he came here, may also help the cause too.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Harris but he isn't Championship standard, surely?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he’d had a full season with us, I would have agreed with you, and that could still be the case. However, as he hasn’t played that many games, they might prefer for him to stay with us for another season or at least until January, knowing that he will start pretty much every game, rather than being on the bench for a championship team.

Here’s hoping.
Beat me to it. He needs at least half, if not a full, season with us to develop and understand the senior game. Like most, he is currently benefitting from the penny collectively dropping, hence our large strides in performance in recent weeks. Should he come back next season, he would be part of the collective that would form that basis of understanding that we didn't have at the start of this.