• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The UN have just threatened Iran with a pre-season friendly at Plainmoor.
#WeaponOfLastResort
Given what happened at Plainmoor in pre-season the UN have turned up 10-12 months too late at Plainmoor.

DawlishBouy

No we didn't. We named someone on the teamsheet by accident. He was not in the squad.
Yes he was. He was on the bench. If Aimson, say, had got injured he would have come on as sub and City would have faced a points deduction as well as the fine.

denzel

Yes he was. He was on the bench. If Aimson, say, had got injured he would have come on as sub and City would have faced a points deduction as well as the fine.
That's not what the article said. Besides, we lost the game so wouldn't have had any points deducted.

DawlishBouy

That's not what the article said. Besides, we lost the game so wouldn't have had any points deducted.
The point of the discussion here is that SRJ described Torquay as a shambles for naming an ineligible player. SEA Grecian pointed out, correctly, that City made the same mistake.

denzel

The point of the discussion here is that SRJ described Torquay as a shambles for naming an ineligible player. SEA Grecian pointed out, correctly, that City made the same mistake.
Yes but they played him, where we didn't. So slightly less of a shambles

cannockred

The UN have just threatened Iran with a pre-season friendly at Plainmoor.
#WeaponOfLastResort
I've heard that Iran is being supplied with ginsters pasties as a weapon of mass destruction 🤮

Spoonz Red E

I've heard that Iran is being supplied with ginsters pasties as a weapon of mass destruction 🤮
The plan was revised as there is no mass to a ginsters pasty.
#StaleCrustNoFiller

cannockred

The plan was revised as there is no mass to a ginsters pasty.
#StaleCrustNoFiller
I was told that ginsters meat pasties are the only ones suitable for both vegans and everyone else with no taste whatsoever.🤔

Spoonz Red E

I was told that ginsters meat pasties are the only ones suitable for both vegans and everyone else with no taste whatsoever.🤔
There's a massive building in Plymouth with a sign that says 'GP - emergency surgery'.
I said 'that's impressive given the cutbacks to the NHS".
They said 'No, the GP stands for Ginsters Pastie'.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big game for Torquay tonight, away at Taunton. Lose that one and they really will be in the shit.