• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Oxford Utd Matchday Thread

older-codger

Just found that the game is live on iFollow in the UK. Happy Days!

tom_ecfc

Oxford have sold 1,134 tickets for this game. Will be interesting on the actual figure when they are released. Surely no one would want to miss this game? (Obv medical emergencies etc etc).

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
So we have reached the end - bit of a rollercoaster - but what a finish comgratulations to Gary his team and the players
We will be saying bye to a couple of Academy successes today and of course our loan players
Should be a great afternoon if we can finish with a win so be it but either way lets celebrate a great season

UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The end is nigh! Silly kick off time as well. Would be great to continue our current form and entertain the masses.

Preview with referee detail, and interviews

Live steam in the UK for a tenner. For the last time? Thanks to Sky these 12:30 kick offs could be a regular occurrence, or maybe Friday night, or Saturday evening, or early Sunday morning :(

David Treharne

A pretty cheerless start to the day. It's 7c, but feels colder in the NE wind which is blowing 3-4. There wasn't as much overnight rainfall as I had anticipated, the total for the last 24 hours was 3mm. However, there is a slightly dampness in the air. Current cloud cover is 100% light grey, though there are some indications that the sun is trying to break through. Given the current wind direction and strength I'd expect some rain during the course of the day, however glorious spring weather it is not! I'm not going to update today, I find these altered kick-off times difficult to cope with (due partly to extreme age, but also because it disturbs the rhythm of my normal Saturdays!) I fully anticipate 7am kick offs in the future to assuage TV companies wishing to catch a breakfast audience.
However, that's enough about the weather, just to say thanks to those who have commented, criticised, moaned or welcomed this years weather input.
Finally, I am prepared to admit that I might have been hasty in my assessment of the Manager - though I always note the words of Harold Macmillan when asked to comment on the French revolutions he simply said "It's too soon to tell"

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
A pretty cheerless start to the day. It's 7c, but feels colder in the NE wind which is blowing 3-4. There wasn't as much overnight rainfall as I had anticipated, the total for the last 24 hours was 3mm. However, there is a slightly dampness in the air. Current cloud cover is 100% light grey, though there are some indications that the sun is trying to break through. Given the current wind direction and strength I'd expect some rain during the course of the day, however glorious spring weather it is not! I'm not going to update today, I find these altered kick-off times difficult to cope with (due partly to extreme age, but also because it disturbs the rhythm of my normal Saturdays!) I fully anticipate 7am kick offs in the future to assuage TV companies wishing to catch a breakfast audience.
However, that's enough about the weather, just to say thanks to those who have commented, criticised, moaned or welcomed this years weather input.
Finally, I am prepared to admit that I might have been hasty in my assessment of the Manager - though I always note the words of Harold Macmillan when asked to comment on the French revolutions he simply said "It's too soon to tell"
Thanks for your forecasts David - us Exewebbers appreciate it! See you next season or in the FECRACE whichever comes first.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems odd to be the last day of the season already. I'm sure time goes faster the older you get. I have dug out my old Wembley winning shirt, which I may wear today. Sadly I am more a XXL type these days and it is only a L. :cry:

manc grecian

Looking forward to a good open game.

Shame the weather feels like the middle of December

grecIAN Harris

Oxford have sold 1,134 tickets for this game. Will be interesting on the actual figure when they are released. Surely no one would want to miss this game? (Obv medical emergencies etc etc).
I hear on the grapevine Oxford have more coming down than they have tickets.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Live steam in the UK for a tenner.
I know I haven't been to the UK for a while but surely brewing a cuppa can't be that expensive?