• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No more iFollow

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is where it will end up. The next question is how will football make the most money from it and protect attendances.

For an English football app sold direct worldwide showing every match from the conference up to premier league, EFL cup, trophy and fa cup is the ultimate way forward. £15 a month over 10 months, over 100 million subscribers would make football £15b per annum... 100 million is around around a sixth of the premier leagues viewership.
And the Premiershite would be wanting 90+% of it ! :cool:

Boyo

Some of the viewing figures are going to be appalling. I mean Burton vs Stevenage on TV on a Monday night may attract some casual football fans when there is nothing else on TV and no actual games to attend, but if all opening day games are streaming at the same time how many people would choose to stay at home and watch that game?

Colesman Ballz

Some of the viewing figures are going to be appalling. I mean Burton vs Stevenage on TV on a Monday night may attract some casual football fans when there is nothing else on TV and no actual games to attend, but if all opening day games are streaming at the same time how many people would choose to stay at home and watch that game?
Those who would otherwise have to endure travelling a significant distance on the M5 early on a Saturday morning in the school summer holidays perhaps ? :(

Boyo

Those who would otherwise have to endure travelling a significant distance on the M5 early on a Saturday morning in the school summer holidays perhaps ? :(
The people that choose to stay at home and watch it on TV, rather than in the stadium will be very small in terms of TV viewing figures, but possibly significant on attendances and club income.

Grecian Max

Given that people have been able to stream games live since pre-Covid and the gates holding up, if not improving across the board... I doubt it'll effect it much

If you want to see the game in person, and are able to - it's a different experience that I doubt would change people's minds in most cases

That being said I do travel less to away games now I am able to watch them without spending 4 hours in the car to some Northern outpost in November. Fun in my early 20s but not after a full-on week at work.

Plastic etc

denzel

Given that people have been able to stream games live since pre-Covid and the gates holding up, if not improving across the board... I doubt it'll effect it much

If you want to see the game in person, and are able to - it's a different experience that I doubt would change people's minds in most cases

That being said I do travel less to away games now I am able to watch them without spending 4 hours in the car to some Northern outpost in November. Fun in my early 20s but not after a full-on week at work.

Plastic etc
Me too, I will target new grounds or where there is likely to be a bit of an atmosphere.
No more Burton or Northampton away for me.

Grecian Max

Me too, I will target new grounds or where there is likely to be a bit of an atmosphere.
No more Burton or Northampton away for me.
Yeah exactly, I’ve gone to Wycombe four times for instance, it’s fine but I wouldn’t travel there unless it was a big game now

Happily pay to watch the 90 mins online there and then get on with my day

tonykellowfan

The clubs and the broadcasters have pleny of info on how the streaming effects the attendences.

When the 3 o'clock games are streamed because of the international window, there is no appreciable effect on the attendence at somewhere like SJP. It simply adds another 200 (or whatever the number is) who stream the game in addition.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The discussion has moved to the new thread

Antony Moxey

And the Premiershite would be wanting 90+% of it ! :cool:
Probably because 90+% of the viewing figures would be for Premier League games.