• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some inspiration for the grass roots element of Reform to finally make a contribution to the planet:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching C4 news now. They're not blinking.

More to come on this I'm sure.

Mr Jinx

Some inspiration for the grass roots element of Reform to finally make a contribution to the planet:

Lolz. "We can Make the Better World" - isn't that the title of the Lib Dem manifesto?

In other news - polling for Reform has just surpassed that of the Tories further. A poll in the mirror has Reform on 21% vs Tories 18%.

I have the whiskey ready again for this Thurs night going into Fri morning ;)

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching C4 news now. They're not blinking.

More to come on this I'm sure.
Parker has confirmed that he was not paid, acting is a sideline and he's actually a property director.

If he's being paid, he's being paid a lot as this is ruinous for him personally.

Meanwhile C4 explicitly state that Parker was not known to them (or paid by them).

Mid Devon Grecian

Ed Davey - proper, honest politician. Totally and convincingly dealt with Robinsons questions on Horizon.

Hope reigns. I’ll vote Labour in Exeter but I’ll always be a Lib Dem. Just a smidge left of centre.

They do need to get real on Economics but we’ll get them there. build the base this GE 😁

Alistair20000

Ed Davey - proper, honest politician. Totally and convincingly dealt with Robinsons questions on Horizon.

Hope reigns. I’ll vote Labour in Exeter but I’ll always be a Lib Dem. Just a smidge left of centre.

They do need to get real on Economics but we’ll get them there. build the base this GE 😁
Ed Davey. The minister in charge who did SFA over the Post Office Horizon scandal.

No thanks.

Mid Devon Grecian

Ed Davey. The minister in charge who did SFA over the Post Office Horizon scandal.

No thanks.
You’re obviously not watching it then, or perhaps not listening 🙉

Alistair20000

I am fully aware of his failures in public office

tavyred

No thanks.
Strange how the memory of LD ministers and their work so quickly fades Al. 🙄

arthur

You're not expecting Alistair to change his mind are you? :)