• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Midlands Grecians

Thames Valley Red

Thanks Northants Grecian...shall remember your humour when it comes to organising Wembley tickets and play-offs tickets and travel to matches via a coach! :)

As an aside myself and Peter Minnett spoke at Rotherham about becoming more organized in the whole Midlands, as we knew of people up your way. We also talked about arranging a dinner in a central location as a fund raiser for the club. As we took a coach to Wembley I am sure we could get 40-50 people to an event.

So Peter if your reading lets get organized and capture all Midlands Grecians on this thread and I will prepare an email spreadsheet with telephone numbers of regulars. Please also state whether you have transport or need transport for matches next season. There 3 known fans in the Leamington area for example that don't know of each other I am sure, so please PM with your details. as for the East Midlands Grecians known to Peter can you make sure Pete has your details. We will then merge distribute and an organize an event near you!

UTC

TVR
South Midlands Exiles

EXMADCITY

Guys, there is no such group as the Midlands Grecians/South Mids Grecians ... there is however a car of fans that travel together ...
Where in Northants do you live . I live in Bozeat Nr Wellinborough

Thames Valley Red

Where in Northants do you live . I live in Bozeat Nr Wellinborough
He is shy but lives probably with 5 miles from you! There you NG!

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
al,

I'm not shy but have been away from my computer most of the afternoon .. i do live in Wellingborough ..

As for my earlier comments, I had no intention to **** on anyone chips but there is no such thing as a midlands grecians group as such .. a group would meet, hold meetings, have a mailing list, constitution, maybe even funds .... we have none of these and as such should not be seen in the same light as the NDGs or GWGs ...

We have been in one coach trip to wembley when joining a group coming from leicestershire etc ...

Dont get me wrong, i enjoy the car trips but this doesnt make me part of any group in the same way as NDGs do for example ...

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's enough Midlands Grecian groups to have a 5-a-side football tournament now :)

The Doctor

Count me in 1904. I'm moving just south of Bromsgrove soon (fingers crossed). Home games tend to be a family, weekend affair but I'm going to be going to a lot of away games next season. I'd be up for meetings and definitely a 5-a-side challenge!

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks Northants Grecian...shall remember your humour when it comes to organising Wembley tickets and play-offs tickets and travel to matches via a coach! :)

As an aside myself and Peter Minnett spoke at Rotherham about becoming more organized in the whole Midlands, as we knew of people up your way. We also talked about arranging a dinner in a central location as a fund raiser for the club. As we took a coach to Wembley I am sure we could get 40-50 people to an event.

So Peter if your reading lets get organized and capture all Midlands Grecians on this thread and I will prepare an email spreadsheet with telephone numbers of regulars. Please also state whether you have transport or need transport for matches next season. There 3 known fans in the Leamington area for example that don't know of each other I am sure, so please PM with your details. as for the East Midlands Grecians known to Peter can you make sure Pete has your details. We will then merge distribute and an organize an event near you!

UTC

TVR
South Midlands Exiles

Al. We are already well organised up here in East Midders land. Pete is already in contact with the club regarding affiliation. We already are in close contact with each other regarding travel and events. We sponsored Matty Taylors away kit last season and are already looking to sponsor a player again next season. Suggest that perhaps you pm us with your details and you can affiliate with us. El Presidente is abroad on business currently i believe.
Cheers

Last edited:

Thames Valley Red

Talk to Pete when he gets back Geoff, he will go through our plans in more detail.

UTC

TVR

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Talk to Pete when he gets back Geoff, he will go through our plans in more detail.

UTC

TVR
Sorry Al, do you mean YOU are going to talk to pete when he gets back or that I should? If the latter then don't worry son, i speak to him all the time. "OUR PLANS?????" Just pm your details to us for an interview.

Last edited:

GRECIANS1904

UTC

TVR
Al are all the GWG's meetings held in Bristol?? cause if they were as far as say Chelt/Glos then I'd travel but an hour is probably a bit far petrol and work etc