• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bank 'singing section'

Cowshed Life

Excellent post...

The atmos has died at the Park and it is something that is of concern to the guys i stand with near pillar 6.

Have to agree that with the groups of chavvy kids and moaning Exeter Uni students who are just killing time (one at the Gill's game said he thought he was going to watch rugby to his mate) it becomes difficulf to get a chant going, and when you do it lasts no longer than Ben Watson's long at FGR!!!

Not sure there is much you can do apart from build a new COWSHED in place of the OG ;-)

UTC

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
We would of got away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids.
Moaning person, try starting a chant instead once in a while ;)

jack101

from my perspective all the people on here who are complaning about the atmoshphere should all get together in the bank, with a group of 20 it would be alot easier to start chants than 2 on their own, if the new chants are loud enough the chav following will soon join in, they dont join in when its just two people who start the chant, i think the drum last year also helped increase the atmospher but i can see why people find it annoying, oh and although i was always in the OG when i was young and never in the cowshed, *waits for abuse* the idea of putting a terrace back where the flybe is or in place of the grandstand would be a dramatic step backwards, we are just gonna have to except that the away fans are gonna be far away, its no diffrent at most premiership grounds, do away fans sit near the stretford end??

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
These 'ere quality atmospheres we should emulating - where are they exactly?

Aldershot I'll grant you but of clubs with comparable attendances to ours they are the only ones I would say are unquestionably better than ours. A few others may well be but the vast majority certainly aren't.

Quality atmospheres are largely a thing of the past. I don't like it either but it is a football problem rather than an Exeter problem.

By all means try to get it better at SJP and I'll join in with every chant as I always do but describing our present atmosphere as "sh*t" etc gives a misleading impression.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
IIRC last season a group of us did get together in the heart and took the drum. This only lasted one or two home games then stopped. The Chavs just stared at us as if to say "They're singing songs on our patch." I've often been tempted to go into the OG to sing but its obviously a family stand and nobody else would follow.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
This is a good idea but can't see it happening cos of the infighting between certain groups at the back, especially when Barry Corr plays. Some of it has been downright hostile this season, if all the guys at the back got together and sang the same songs for more than the first 5 minutes of each half or after we scored it may help.

Other suggestions include a smoking area that isn't the toilets and a bar at the back of the big bank (or just get the current food hut to sell booze)

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a good idea but can't see it happening cos of the infighting between certain groups at the back, especially when Barry Corr plays.
One day it is all going to kick off i swear! Who would have thought fans could get so hostile about other fans singing a song about Barry Corr?

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
It very nearly kicked off before in there mate in our last conference season but that's another story.

The Barry Corr rift is absolutely stupid, some people involved need to take a long look at themselves including us lot who continually sing it. It won't be a problem while he's suspended but when he is back it will be just as needlessly devisive as ever, tragic really.

This isn't aimed at fans who don't go away to watch city, but for the people who do you know that the atmosphere is always really good except for maybe the odd game. Our away support in numbers is normally, if not always less than the attendance on the Big bank. So why can't the same atmosphere be created at home by many more city fans?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
This isn't aimed at fans who don't go away to watch city, but for the people who do you know that the atmosphere is always really good except for maybe the odd game. Our away support in numbers is normally, if not always less than the attendance on the Big bank. So why can't the same atmosphere be created at home by many more city fans?
Because the fans that go away are ALL loyal and desperately want to see City do well and therefore get behind them. The Big Bank is more of a social meeting place.