• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Hants
Above link to advert works but sub-link to "For a full job description and personal specification please see our website: https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/club/vacancies" on page 2 doesn't take you to a full job description and personal specification !
Given that closing date is 1800 on Mon 10 October this needs changing PDQ !
UTC

tom_ecfc

"I would rather train staff and they leave than not train staff and they stay"
Won’t the train staff always be on strike?

Bridgy 81

I’ve broken my drive north halfway and am staying in West Bromwich this evening.
Continuing on in the morning and we’ll be at our Bradford base tomorrow night.
Staying in Yorkshire for a bit after Saturday’s match but will be travelling home on Tuesday, so fortunately I’ll be available for interview as and when required next week.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
So if you're a BAME candidate your guaranteed an interview. I've never understood this. Surely it should be based on the application alone.

Nigel E

So if you're a BAME candidate your guaranteed an interview. I've never understood this. Surely it should be based on the application alone.
That's not quite what it says.

"Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in short-listings and interviewed for the vacant position". Being BAME on its own is not enough.

As I understand it, it means that if there are let's say, 10 people hitting the job profile and performance criteria, then if you're a BAME candidate you're guaranteed an interview. Other candidates may be sifted out to get to a manageable number of interviewees.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's not quite what it says.

"Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in short-listings and interviewed for the vacant position". Being BAME on its own is not enough.

As I understand it, it means that if there are let's say, 10 people hitting the job profile and performance criteria, then if you're a BAME candidate you're guaranteed an interview. Other candidates may be sifted out to get to a manageable number of interviewees.
No problem if the link to the full job description and personal specification https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/club/vacancies" on page 2 doesn't take you to a full job description and personal specification !

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Too many Rob Edwards as well!
As well as Matt Taylors

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Won’t the train staff always be on strike?
We're providing a replacement boss service.

LDNGrecian

Looks like new managers first league game will be Fleetwood on the 22nd

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Club are seeking to recruit an experienced First Team Manager

This wording from the advert seems significant and a departure from what we've done previously.

a proven ability to identify and develop elite footballers

This line is perhaps less of a surprise but interesting that the club have made it so explicit. If the club stick to this rather than going for someone with potential, then there can't be many people who satisfy the requirements and most of them will currently be in jobs.

Last edited: