• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale Away - FA Cup (R1) Discussion Thread

tom_ecfc

A 3rd consecutive away game in charge for our new manager Gary Caldwell. Will we see a change in player personnel and formation? Feel this is more of a free hit, although the 3rd round money maker is always key to smaller clubs like ours. Can see us taking around 400 fans. UTC.

Average Joe

Hopefully we don't change a thing from Monday night, we played very well and will win many games playing the way we did.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gary C will be very keen to get his first win so will go strong I fancy. The only difference I think from Monday will see Jevani get a start over Tim. Other than that I'm not sure any of our three injured CB's will be fit enough to start but it would be good for the Manager to see Josh starting in his more natural position if Chieck is ready. I'm travelling with a degree of optimism for this game a 1-1 draw then whip their collective bottoms in the replay at SJP

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gary C will be very keen to get his first win so will go strong I fancy. The only difference I think from Monday will see Jevani get a start over Tim. Other than that I'm not sure any of our three injured CB's will be fit enough to start but it would be good for the Manager to see Josh starting in his more natural position if Chieck is ready. I'm travelling with a degree of optimism for this game a 1-1 draw then whip their collective bottoms in the replay at SJP
It is not just about getting Caldwell's first win, a win also means a potential TV Tie (If draw favours) in round 2 and also a chance of getting to round 3 against one of the big boys and hopefully some additional revenue, firstly to assist with new signings in January and also to hopefully prevent the need for selling or allowing us to tie up some contracts for our more important players.

JW57++

No midweek games this month and so a draw and replay at St James might boost the finances. We are overdue a cup run.

wiveygrecian

No midweek games this month and so a draw and replay at St James might boost the finances. We are overdue a cup run.
We had a cup run last season !! Played Bradford 3 times and Cambridge too!!😂

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We had a cup run last season !! Played Bradford 3 times and Cambridge too!!😂
Which was stolen from us! Then they get drawn away to Newcastle at the other fake SJP #p******refs

Port Vale will not be easy as their form has improved since James Wilson returned to the team. Remember the final game of last season where he scored a great goal against us and out performed Stubbs who was subsequently substituted. It was the only time last season I saw Stubbs 'bullied' by a centre forward. If we cannot play Diabate(or Stubbs) in this game Wilson's strength and aerial power could cause us plenty of problems.

DawlishBouy

Harry Lee is unavailable for this having played in the qualifying rounds for Dorchester.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Port Vale will not be easy as their form has improved since James Wilson returned to the team. Remember the final game of last season where he scored a great goal against us and out performed Stubbs who was subsequently substituted. It was the only time last season I saw Stubbs 'bullied' by a centre forward. If we cannot play Diabate(or Stubbs) in this game Wilson's strength and aerial power could cause us plenty of problems.
I would be surprised if Diabate does not start on Saturday.