• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough United matchday thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was that Clarke Harris mouthing off to the big bank after he scored about?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good half of football. We've looked fantastic going forward. Posh look an average team but with some players with a big physicality.

MJ missed a sitter and had another chance he maybe could have done better with. We've had some other decent half-chances and Posh should have scored a couple of minutes before they did when Clarke-Harris headed wide.

City have had the better of it. Posh always look dangerous on the counter.
I think MJ was offside for that chance and Jevani also had a good chance he would have expected to have at least got on target. However, the reality is the only time the Posh keeper was made to work was from a long-range Archie shot.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Frustrating that we didn't hold until half-time. Mason-Clark has the beating of Sparkes and Clarke-Harris is too strong for Sweeney so we need to find a way of stopping them getting the ball otherwise we could get hammered in the second half.
Actually I agree with this. We need to dominate midfield more although this is the danger of playing an attacking formation. Personally I would change the formation sooner rather than later to sew up the middle a bit. On a few occasions they have threatened through the middle and there has been too much space for them to do that. I do think Hartridge had a really good half though.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry thought it should have been saved
Hello Irish Peat

supernova

I agree he is the worst of the worst cant stand the bloke
he was commentating on MOTD not that long ago. must be in someone's good books

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is the same ref from the Port Vale game at the end of last season; he let Vale get away with all sorts of time-wasting that day and today there have been 4 or 5 times when Peterborough have been allowed to kick the ball away or slow the game down when we're trying to take a free kick.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Free kick to Posh in a dangerous position

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Free kick to Posh in a dangerous position
For which we get a throw in :)

Squeezebox

a lovely late Autumn day as we head towards December and all that brings, Christmas, the lovely smells and sounds and all those smiling faces...... Meanwhile on the pitch?

CWH-NYC_

a lovely late Autumn day as we head towards December and all that brings, Christmas, the lovely smells and sounds and all those smiling faces...... Meanwhile on the pitch?
How delightful