• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough United matchday thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
That 360 is an excellent watch. I'm a bit concerned that Jay Stansfield seems almost in tears at the end - am hoping that is just emotion from the game rather than having heard Fulham intend to recall him....
I think he was just absolutely exhausted. Hope it was just that.

Colesman Ballz

Well Gary gave him a big hug ! :)

Oldsmobile-88

Probably...He put some clicks in yesterday, I’d love to see his distance stat for a game.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Said something similar to my mate. So much respect for MJ and what he has done over the last couple of seasons but yesterday it looked like a young lad had won a raffle to play for us. Completely ineffective.

Would like to focus on the positives though and what an afternoon! Bring on Ipswich.
Perhaps you were having a pee when he teed one up for Jevani, who, uncharacteristically, shot just the wrong side of the post, after 15 or 20 minutes.

STURTZ

Anyone on the big bank would have seen Clarke Harris running along shouting at the crowd "Boom!" at five second intervals after his goal.

Check out our own celebrations after each goal, sheer unbridled joy, team spirit and warmth. That's the difference, we're not arrogant we're just so happy to be competing well in league 1!

Spoonz Red E

Anyone on the big bank would have seen Clarke Harris running along shouting at the crowd "Boom!" at five second intervals after his goal.

Check out our own celebrations after each goal, sheer unbridled joy, team spirit and warmth. That's the difference, we're not arrogant we're just so happy to be competing well in league 1!
That's what I love about football.
Looking at this still from the highlights and our ball boy looks to be in the loneliest place on earth.
10 minutes later and all is well with the world ...

milts

I think GC says to Sweeney at the end ‘we’re going somewhere’ and to Stanno ‘you’re doing a job for the team’.

Maybe Stanno is a bit disappointed at being played wide / not scoring?

grecIAN Harris

I think GC says to Sweeney at the end ‘we’re going somewhere’ and to Stanno ‘you’re doing a job for the team’.

I think going on something that was said pre-match, it's not scoring that is frustrating Stanno.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster

He's a striker and wants goals. As long as he is contributing to our success, which he clearly is, I'm sure GC will be happy. Its clear in his body language on the pitch, that he wants to succeed whilst he is here. His passion is clear for all to see!

Bridgy 81

He’s scored a few but more importantly he’s contributed in every match he’s played in.
I’ll always be grateful to have been at Barnsley to see his first two.
What a day.