• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can't say that Art! 😱

You should know by now that Tavy's Tory rules and are only there to be imposed on others...not to be adopted by the smug, early-retiree members of the smug, self-selected "economic inactive" classes.

tavyred

Aren't you and Mrs Tavy self confessed economically inactive people, and the recipients of warm congratulations from us all? We do not see you as a problem, though I imagine if your requests to Mrs Tavy to join you for a little lie down in the afternoon become too insistent there may be one member of the economically inactive community desperately seeking full time employment. :)

There is also a significant number of people who are economically inactive because the NHS does not have the capacity to make them better.....
Lol.
Another lefty who seems to have a less than lefty view on public sector workers and their pensions. I’m beginning to think you and G2K are a couple of closet Tories!
You’re constantly preaching about the lack of investment in our public services, I hate to break it to you but that will also include the pay and conditions (inc. pay payable on retirement) of front line PS workers like me. 🤷‍♂️
There’s a world of difference between someone spending in some cases a working lifetime in receipt of some benefit or other and those like me who after 32 years service decided to access their occupational pension.
I owe you and the likes of G2K the square root of feck all I’m afraid, as much you would like to suggest otherwise.
Perhaps we need to distinguish between the broad category of people who are economically inactive and those who are economically dependent on the state.

tavyred

You can't say that Art! 😱

You should know by now that Tavy's Tory rules and are only there to be imposed on others...not to be adopted by the smug, early-retiree members of the smug, self-selected "economic inactive" classes.
Bitter, so very bitter. 😎

arthur

Lol.
Another lefty who seems to have a less than lefty view on public sector workers and their pensions. I’m beginning to think you and G2K are a couple of closet Tories!
You’re constantly preaching about the lack of investment in our public services, I hate to break it to you but that will also include the pay and conditions (inc. pay payable on retirement) of front line PS workers like me. 🤷‍♂️
There’s a world of difference between someone spending in some cases a working lifetime in receipt of some benefit or other and those like me who after 32 years service decided to access their occupational pension.
I owe you and the likes of G2K the square root of feck all I’m afraid, as much you would like to suggest otherwise.
Perhaps we need to distinguish between the broad category of people who are economically inactive and those who are economically dependent on the state.
I was trying to be nice to you. That worked out well didn't it.... 🤷‍♂️

Grecian2K

Bitter, so very bitter. 😎
Yet true, so very true. 🙁

Grecian2K

And the 2022 award for "Brextremist Hypocrite Of The Year" surely has to go to Sleazy Paterson!
Tavares must be gutted to have been pipped at the post so late in the year.

tavyred

And the 2022 award for "Brextremist Hypocrite Of The Year" surely has to go to Sleazy Paterson!
Tavares must be gutted to have been pipped at the post so late in the year.
Struggling to see my alleged hypocrisy, perhaps you could enlighten me. 🤷‍♂️
You know jealousy is very ugly trait G2K, I’m not the one to blame for your life choices old boy. 🤷‍♂️

DB9

The decision to see if the Scottish Government can call its own referendum without asking the UK Government first will be known roughly at 9.45am today when the Supreme Court gives its ruling on the matter, If the ruling goes the way of the SNP it will be in their words "Advisory" and "Consultative" but obviously open a can of worms.

Mr Jinx

The decision to see if the Scottish Government can call its own referendum without asking the UK Government first will be known roughly at 9.45am today when the Supreme Court gives its ruling on the matter, If the ruling goes the way of the SNP it will be in their words "Advisory" and "Consultative" but obviously open a can of worms.
Yup, for a reference point, see how well the one in Catalonia panned out.

DB9

Yup, for a reference point, see how well the one in Catalonia panned out.
I don't think they'll be thrown in jail like in Catalonia.