• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
The decision to see if the Scottish Government can call its own referendum without asking the UK Government first will be known roughly at 9.45am today when the Supreme Court gives its ruling on the matter, If the ruling goes the way of the SNP it will be in their words "Advisory" and "Consultative" but obviously open a can of worms.
To folks like me, who are relaxed about and are borderline in favour of Scottish independence, this could be popcorn time.
Despite their rhetoric to the contrary, I sense the SNP will secretly be hopeful that the judgement goes against them. The SNP is reliant on a state of constant grievance for its popularity. The moment they get to real votes and what they would actually do, they have nothing coherent to say.

Mr Jinx

I don't think they'll be thrown in jail like in Catalonia.
Oh, to see Krankie doing bird.

Mr Jinx

To folks like me, who are relaxed about and are borderline in favour of Scottish independence, this could be popcorn time.
Despite their rhetoric to the contrary, I sense the SNP will secretly be hopeful that the judgement goes against them. The SNP is reliant on a state of constant grievance for its popularity. The moment they get to real votes and what they would actually do, they have nothing coherent to say.
The thing with Scotland is, things were pretty clearcut under a Boris premiership which Truss was seemingly willing to carry on.

With Sunak, I have no idea what his stance is. I imagine it'll be fairly wishy washy, as he is with most things. And that would go in Krankie's favour who, I'm guessing, is now sensing her big chance. I guess we'll soon find out.

Grecian2K

You know jealousy is very ugly trait G2K, I’m not the one to blame for your life choices old boy. 🤷‍♂️
What the hell are you on about? 🙄
"Jealousy"?? Pity more like about your totally delusional state! 😜
And as for Paterson. If you can't see the hypocrisy of him running to that "dreadful" ECHR you are even more myopic than I had previously thought.

Mr Jinx

Bitter, so very bitter. 😎
The politics of envy is strong with this one.

DB9

The thing with Scotland is, things were pretty clearcut under a Boris premiership which Truss was seemingly willing to carry on.

With Sunak, I have no idea what his stance is. I imagine it'll be fairly wishy washy, as he is with most things. And that would go in Krankie's favour who, I'm guessing, is now sensing her big chance. I guess we'll soon find out.
No, Tavy is closer to the mark imo, If they get the nod and then a vote goes in their favour and they go it alone the harsh reality of the Westminster tap turned off life will be very different when they have to raise their own income, EU membership won't happen for at least a decade (EU rules) They will be a small country in a very harsh world, As for Oil/Gas fields, Aren't we trying to wean ourselves off that so in theory that line of income becomes redundant?

For the SNP its better they are the "Annoying neighbour" moaning about Westminster. As for Sunak, He'll be just the same as others, They may not have MP's as in the past but a lot of Tories and their supporters have a country pile up there.

lamrobhero

With Independence Parties one would have thought that once they achieved their aim they would abolish themselves, not heard of the SNP having such plans.

Mr Jinx

With Independence Parties one would have thought that once they achieved their aim they would abolish themselves, not heard of the SNP having such plans.
You'd think that, but in reality it isn't the case.

Farage was on hand to step back into the fray 2019 to give traction to the Leave cause to help see it finally get over the line. And he's still waiting in the wings, threatening to gobble up 10% of the vote.

arthur

...like the ANC you mean?

Alistair20000

What the hell are you on about? 🙄
"Jealousy"?? Pity more like about your totally delusional state! 😜
And as for Paterson. If you can't see the hypocrisy of him running to that "dreadful" ECHR you are even more myopic than I had previously thought.
While I have nothing but contempt for Paterson on this issue, hypocrisy abounds G2K and not confined to the wicked Tories.