• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can be relaxed about high levels of inward migration and still view the dinghy crossings as an absolute p1ss take DB.
It's worth noting, those travelling from Hong Kong, or the Ukraine have often, not come from "the direct place of persecution" which is often the cited reason for those crossing the channel via dinghy as a reason for not wanting to accept those that travel by dinghy.

The strangeness of the whole thing hurts my head.

One day, it's the infrastructure that can't cope. The next it's economic migrants, then it's hotels and the cost to the taxpayer. I can't keep up with it all and don't understand it.

All I ask for is consistency. In return, i'll swipe and moan from the background.

Grecian2K

I can't keep up with it all and don't understand it.
I can. Immigration (and Brexit) are the last remaining fig-leaves for this omnishambles of a party (and their toadying blue-top fan-rags) to cower behind.

Let's face it, there's no way that can truthfully boast about "integrity, professionalism and accountability"...or even basic economic competence.

Grecian2K

Baroness Moan has today said to have received £29m from a firm she lobbied for during the precurment of PPE who won a contract for £200m on this "VIP Contract" deal after her lawyers saying last year she didn't declare it because she didn't receive a penny but hey ho don't worry, look over there and be outraged!! :rolleyes:
To add insult to injury all of the money is reported to have been safely squirrelled away in offshore havens away from the prying eyes of the UK taxman.
#allinittogether 😡

Mr Jinx

You can be relaxed about high levels of inward migration and still view the dinghy crossings as an absolute p1ss take DB.
How many times does one have to say: Controlled Immigration = good...Uncontrolled Immigration = bad ?

🤷‍♂️

Grecian2K

To add insult to injury all of the money is reported to have been safely squirrelled away in offshore havens away from the prying eyes of the UK taxman.
#allinittogether 😡
Good old Angie R telling it like it is.
Lady Mone is accused and still the Tories won’t come clean about PPE. What are they hiding? (msn.com)
So come on Blue-boys? Are you still going to follow "party orders" and defend Baroness (MyShell) Moan OBE* PPE** (as she apparently signs off her correspondence)
*Offshore Banking Expert
**Personal Profit Expected

Grecian2K

Oh, and the latest on "WallpaperGate"!!! (and from the Tory current chancellor as well) :ROFLMAO:
Boris Johnson's infamous expensive gold wallpaper is already peeling, Jeremy Hunt says (msn.com)
Never has a "donation" been so well spaffed against a wall.
(Still, nice of Dizzii to have tried to continue the whitewashing of the story)

DB9

How many times does one have to say: Controlled Immigration = good...Uncontrolled Immigration = bad ?

🤷‍♂️
Have you seen the reaction to the numbers? (504k) It seems those same people who hate the dingy crosssings hate immigration, Controlled or otherwise, Who'd thought it?

Mr Jinx

Have you seen the reaction to the numbers? (504k) It seems those same people who hate the dingy crosssings hate immigration, Controlled or otherwise, Who'd thought it?
Well of course there are going to be some people who hate it altogether.

I am not one of those.

DB9

Well of course there are going to be some people who hate it altogether.

I am not one of those.
Didn't say you were, By the way here's your hero's view. Seems like he doesn't like immigation full stop.

Mr Jinx

Didn't say you were, By the way here's your hero's view. Seems like he doesn't like immigation full stop.

Well, seeing as he was demanding an Aussie style points system for years (which we've now got) I guess some people are never pleased.

Anyway, hopefully he's unhappy enough to now put his weight behind and head up a political party again!

Every cloud...titter