• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2022 Yay or "Meh"

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyway, wouldn't be surprised if Southgate's bottlers somehow leave the door open.
Whilst you might end up being correct, England have shown nothing in their last 2 tournaments to suggest they won't put in a good performance and beat USA tonight.

Can't believe people are STILL so negative about England despite getting to a semi final of a World Cup then losing a Euro final on penalties - I think some enjoy us failing for some reason.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst you might end up being correct, England have shown nothing in their last 2 tournaments to suggest they won't put in a good performance and beat USA tonight.

Can't believe people are STILL so negative about England despite getting to a semi final of a World Cup then losing a Euro final on penalties - I think some enjoy us failing for some reason.
It's pretty obvious why Jinx enjoys us failing.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's pretty obvious why Jinx enjoys us failing.
Amazing that when you think he always accuses others of talking the country down. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Egg

Mr Jinx

Amazing that when you think he always accuses others of talking the country down. 🤷‍♂️
Cmon DB9, you know the reason why.

If they cut out all the virtue signalling, and get rid of the tactically inept Southgate, then they have my support again.

iscalad

If they cut out all the virtue signalling, and get rid of the tactically inept Southgate, then they have my support again.
How fickle. You support a team through thick and thin, not just through the good times.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

If they cut out all the virtue signalling", and get rid of the tactically inept Southgate, then they have my support again.
Not sure about "Virtue Signalling, My own view is the knee thing has run its course and I'd like to have seen more about the HR issues but that's me, As for tactically inept, Southgate has got us to a WC semi final and Euro's final, He must have done something right. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Grecian2K

To drag it back onto topic I suggest that the Celts were generally "meh"...with Bale and Ramsey especially so.

And as for "Hennessy"...unlike their special festive Fine Cognac gift packs that particular one should have been firmly kept back in it's box.

Reactions: DB9

Mr Jinx

As for tactically inept, Southgate has got us to a WC semi final and Euro's final, He must have done something right. 🤷‍♂️
No, lucky draws were at the center of it.

In the WC 2018, England struggled to beat Tunisia before beating a pub team in Panama. They then lost to Belgium before again struggling to beat Columbia to then get an easyish tie against Sweden.

In the Euros it was much the same. Couldn't beat Scotland at home. A good result against Germany, but then they're showing how far they've fallen. Ukraine were dead on their feet, then they struggled against a mediocre Denmark only getting through on a dodgy pen. Italy on the other side of the draw did the more impressive hard work and deserved to win the Final.

Mancini must've watched England's WC semi vs Croatia many times, because Southgate approached the Italy game in exactly the same manner and was found out. He couldn't adapt to Mancini's superior tacticianship.

England have to beat at least one big team this time to get to the final. No easy draw this time whichever way you look at it. I suspect they'll go out at the qtr final stage, semis at a push.

DB9

You can only beat what's in front of you, As for "Luck of the draw" You'll have to ask UEFA/FIFA to change their ranking system to make them different.

DB9

To drag it back onto topic I suggest that the Celts were generally "meh"...with Bale and Ramsey especially so.

And as for "Hennessy"...unlike their special festive Fine Cognac gift packs that particular one should have been firmly kept back in it's box.
Wales, As was in the late 90's/Early 2000's they had Giggs as their Talisman but he was very "Choosy" about the games he played for Wales, Its the same this time with Bale, Take both out of each Welsh team and you have a Championship team at best, Bale doesn't perform nor does Wales.