• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford Utd v Exeter City : FAC 2nd Round : MDT

Memphis09

January is so important. I think you might as well tear up Stubbs contract. Best defender but cannot get him on the pitch. It’s always 3-4 weeks and it never happens when he Is back.
we need to invest to stop what coild
Soon become a rot. We are lucky we have had a good start but if we lose on Friday we will soon be looking down not up.

January we need a commanding experienced CB.
we need a CM. It is clear to see Dieng is not up to league 1 in mid. He is too slow across the ground I would suggest moving him to CB as he is effective in both boxes but is a passenger in mid.
The profile we need in there is a very strong DM. If you saw Ipswich number 5 the other day bossed us about and controlled mid.

we then I think need a LWB. Sparkes struggles defensively and I think whilst he has played well at the start of the year we need more pace and defensive cover.

I think three players there would be enough to keep us up along with another striker to cover us regarding injuries.
Agree with your comments
Definitely need sorting out
Let’s see what January brings
We all knew we had a tough run of fixtures but certainly need something on Friday at Morecombe

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
He isn't learning and I do wonder whether Sweens was referring to him and possibly Hartridge in his comments about to many of the team being too nice?
I think he was talking about them all, including Cheick. There was a time in the second half when Sweenz gave a free kick away and afterwards was clearly ranting. I thought it was against the ref for giving the free kick, but it wasn’t, it was against Cheick. Other than Stubbs, Sweenz is the only defender we’ve got who is vocal and aggressive, the others are strong and extremely capable, but not aggressive.

It was clearly a very bad day at the office yesterday for everyone (how GC can say he thought Josh played well in the first half is beyond me) but we must remember we’ve got a relatively young squad, full of academy players, who have stepped up to League 1 and we shouldn’t be surprised if they struggle at that level occasionally. Cheick has had a bad injury and isn’t the same player on his return at the moment, but he’ll come good. And so far this season the others have also shown they can handle this division, they just might have spells or games where they find it difficult.

I just hope GC can sort it out before Friday as yesterday was worryingly bad.

Geddon GC and geddon City 👍

Alfie 1966

Today was worrying for me, not the result but the performance. Every single player except Jamal, Stanno and possibly Archie was utterly abject. Misplaced passes, ponderous beyond belief, telegraphed balls, missed tackles, it was embarrassing.

I genuinely don’t know what GC is going to do with them after that, he can’t just change a player or two as they were all terrible. And he didn’t cover himself in glory either, if playing Josh left midfield / up front is the answer then you’re asking the wrong question. He was awful but I at least had sympathy for him.

And sweenz can point the blame at others if he wants, but he was just as shiite as the rest of them.

I still love them all to bits, but they’ve got a lot of making up to do with me.
Just to say in sweenze interview he did hold his hand up and say his game was poor. (We go again Fred we get stronger )

Red Devon

I didn’t think there was any lack of commitment and effort yesterday it was the quality of our play that so poor.

Banksy

‘Wanted , experienced midfield enforcer , commanding centre back and decent left back required , must be prepared to accept lower end League 1 wages.’
Wonder where we’re going to find these season changers with everyone else scrabbling for them too.
Maybe Gary has some old mates who fit the bill. Thinks , guess we’ll sell one of our better prospects and weaken ourselves in that direction to provide to provide some cash.
Anyway , it’s back to the drawing board with a hard slog ahead for GC on that performance .

fred binneys head

guess we’ll sell one of our better prospects
Let’s hope there weren’t any scouts at Oxford 🤞

tonykellowfan

Bad result and sounds like a bad performance.

As always some of the doomsters appear again, they love to post after we lose.

We are still in the top half of the league, we played 4 games in November, 2 wins and 2 losses.

Banksy

Let’s hope there weren’t any scouts at Oxford 🤞
Indeed , they would have been hard pushed unless they’d brought their rose coloured specs.Hard to see who we would sell really , hate it to be the likes of Jevani or Archie which would only weaken us again.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

We are still in the top half of the league, we played 4 games in November, 2 wins and 2 losses.
Who are these doomsters?

Banksy

Need to buck up else we won’t be for long.