• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seeing this reminded me of the film Morning Departure starring John Mills and Dicky Attenborough .
HMS Affray was lost with 75 crew a year after that film was made in April 1951. The last loss of a British Submarine.
It floundered in the English Channel. It took 2 months to locate due to the amount of wrecks from WW2. It was found about 20 miles north of Alderney.

Oldsmobile-88

JICTAR Viewing figures for W/E 30th November 1980.

The last season of Starsky & Hutch still getting decent viewing numbers.
Dallas was at its height in popularity on the back of the Who Shot JR storyline.

FD29D0D9-ED71-482C-A3D1-21714891AFEF.jpeg

DB9

Again, If you're after a rest from the footie, This afternoon on BBC2 two offerings, Firstly at 1pm The Brilliant School for Scoundrels (1960) starring Terry Thomas, Alastair Sims, Ian Carmichael and straight after at 2.30pm The Titfield Thunderbolt (1953) starring Stanley Hollaway, Sid James. Two wonderful British films that will let you escape for a couple of hours.

Oldsmobile-88

Wall to wall football on terrestrial TV screens.
World Cup & FA Cup games. Of course the former being held the same time as the FA Cup is the main driver, though there are no FAC games on Sky or BT Sport.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The School for Scoundrels (1960) starring Terry Thomas, Alastair Sim, Ian Carmichael
Always been a favourite. I always feel sorry for IC in the early stages of the film before the Lifemanship course! Janette Scott was his lovely girl friend.

Oldsmobile-88

26th November 1987

Sportsnight showing highlights of Everton v Bayern Munich(played the previous evening)

A one off game sponsored by Mercantile Credit as part of the centenary celebrations of the Football League 1987-88.
Everton were reigning Football League Champions, Bayern were reigning Bundesliga Champions.
English clubs were under a UEFA ban from competition in Europe at the time. A rare opportunity for Everton to pitch their team against one of the best in Europe. They duly won 3-1.

3534F261-0D56-4B32-B516-95217C0F0E1F.jpeg

iscalad

I see the 3 series of the Beiderbecke Affair is available on ITV Hub. Enjoyed the series first time round. Will definitely watch again.

iscalad

The Singing Detective on BBC 4 on Wednesday nights.

Alistair20000

The Singing Detective on BBC 4 on Wednesday nights.
Mark Binney rather than Fred

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mark Binney rather than Fred
So tactless to mention this. Reminds me of one of Lionel's questions in an EACQ, which I thought I'd answered brilliantly. Fever got the points, and the rest is history.