• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ampadu in Wales squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eight groups of six teams, would entail each team playing five group games. The eventual finalists would play 10 games, so the tournament would last at least another two weeks longer.

I think the format works perfectly as it is.
I don't disagree. My point was that if there are going to be 48 teams, there has to be a better alternative to three-team groups.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't disagree. My point was that if there are going to be 48 teams, there has to be a better alternative to three-team groups.
I agree. If only 48 was divisible by 4 🤔

Bridgy 81

It is pretty amazing how football manages to survive whilst being run by the incompetent bunch of tw**s that is FIFA ! :p
I think football survives despite some of the people and organizations involved in it because it’s a brilliant game.
If the entire professional structure completely imploded at some point in the future they’d still be people like me, and plenty of others on here I imagine, who’d walk down to their local park pitches on a Saturday or Sunday to watch 22 hungover men or women booting a ball around.
You don’t need FIFA for that.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's also a desire at FIFA to have the World Cup every two years. Absolutely idiotic.
Wasn't that Arsene Wenger's idea?
Anyway nothing to do with Ethan.

Wales really are a poor side. Too many players past their best. Bale especially has been a passenger.

Feel sorry for Ampadu. One of their better players. Been moved around the side, making up for the deficiencies of others. Now playing at right back!

geoffwp

Did Ethan play tonight???

andrew p long

Memphis09

Did Ethan play tonight???
Not from what I saw

sign of the chimes

Yes, 16 teams to qualify from Europe. The proposed structure of WC2026 is ridiculous. 16 groups of 3 with 2 qualifying from each group into an additional ‘round of 32’ knockout. Teams will only get 2 group games and as the final round of group games can’t involve all teams, you can imagine the opportunity for collusion with an Austria v West Germany type scenario.
The finalists will still get to play 7 matches and the tournament will be roughly the same duration, but more teams, more games (80, up from 64), more money is clearly worth sacrificing the integrity of the competition.
FIFA really don’t help themselves do they.
Agreed wrekin - the potential for collusion is horrible.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not from what I saw
Was switched to full-back, which was probably why his presence was less obvious than it has been in Wales' other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.