• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2022/23 Season

Martin Weiler

Record crowd

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
A great result today.

I really wish they could play at SJP more frequently.

Oldsmobile-88

A great result today.

I really wish they could play at SJP more frequently.
Next one at SJP is Sunday 12th March.

Martin Weiler

Attendance today was 267.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Next one at SJP is Sunday 12th March.
So, probably, just twice this entire season then.

Oldsmobile-88

So, probably, just twice this entire season then.
Yes.
The last couple of ladies games at SJP, were very well attended, a fair few free tickets, the kiosks did well as they always do if there are lots of kids with parents.

I know the logistics of putting any game on at SJP is a major undertaking with staffing especially on a Sunday.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is worth remembering that the wishes of the team also have to be considered. There are some valid arguments why you might not want to play at SJP regularly, if you were a player.

Spoonz Red E

Not just a win - City Women had complete control of the game throughout.
Winning the important 50/50 balls in midfield.
Closing down when out of possession.
Getting a foot in to regain possession.

Cardiff were reduced to pretty much the single tactic of trying to get a ball over our defensive line in the hope of someone running on to it but our defensive set up was too disciplined for that to work for them.

Lots of chances created by City and the Cardiff keeper needed to pull off a couple of fine saves - tipped over the crossbar after a good City free kick and pushed around the left hand post from a low angled drive.

Emily Toogood delivered a succession of fine crosses from the left.

Jenna Markham kept harrying the Cardiff defence.

Ishbel Zuurmond creating and finishing the clinching second goal.

Most importantly - positivity evident across the whole team.

Congrats to Abbie Britton and Aaron Wakeley on the progress seen over their 50 games in charge.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is worth remembering that the wishes of the team also have to be considered. There are some valid arguments why you might not want to play at SJP regularly, if you were a player.
Such as?

Leads

Yes.
The last couple of ladies games at SJP, were very well attended, a fair few free tickets, the kiosks did well as they always do if there are lots of kids with parents.

I know the logistics of putting any game on at SJP is a major undertaking with staffing especially on a Sunday.
From what I could see at the Hub at the previous game, there wasn't any stewards or any paid staff at all (?). There was someone taking money at the gate but I presumed there were volunteers. I imagine you couldn't get away with this if it was staged at SJP?