• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A bit before my time, but I’m sure a few will recall this from their childhood..

Oldsmobile-88

A famous win that day. Wimbledon were in the 4th Division in the early part of the decade. They were about as popular as the MK Dons are these days 😁

9851EDAE-B85D-49E9-8BF8-3DA7FB51EE72.jpeg

DB9

A bit before my time, but I’m sure a few will recall this from their childhood..

Too early for me as well, Theme tune was good though. Thunderbirds was the earliest Gerry Anderson show i remember and also the very first TV show i saw in colour at a friends house who was one of the first in our street to have one.

Alistair20000

Too early for me as well, Theme tune was good though. Thunderbirds was the earliest Gerry Anderson show i remember and also the very first TV show i saw in colour at a friends house who was one of the first in our street to have one.
You missed out on Supercar, Fireball XL5 and Stingray then :(

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember the Fireball XL5 theme song quite well, but can't recall anything from the episodes themselves. Maybe I would watch the introduction, then switch off.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

No Al, I know those shows but Thunderbirds was the first Gerry Anderson show i remember watching, Stingray i watched but Supercar and Fireball XL5 can't ever remember being repeated in the very early 70's.

Oldsmobile-88

13th May 1986.

The Australian film, Picnic at Hanging Rock(1975) gets its first airing on UK TV. Based on a novel written by Joan Lindsey in the late 1960s, some thought the film was a partially true story, but like the novel it’s fiction. A decent film iirc.

View attachment 11602View attachment 11603

Alistair20000

I remember the Fireball XL5 theme song quite well, but can't recall anything from the episodes themselves. Maybe I would watch the introduction, then switch off.
I think I used to watch it all the way through but like you cannot recall the actual episodes.

By contrast from Stingray onwards I do recall some of the episodes.

DB9

I think I used to watch it all the way through but like you cannot recall the actual episodes.

By contrast from Stingray onwards I do recall some of the episodes.
Bet you had a soft spot for Aqua Marina. :)

Spoonz Red E

Not to mention Twizzle, Torchy the Battery Boy and Four Feather Falls in the pre 'Supermarionation' days.