• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

***** 23rd March **** Your neighbours need your support - Torquay United in peril

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nights locked in at SJP (or anywhere we could find a room) with take away pizza, a blank flip chart and an agreement that no one leaves until we had come up with a workable idea to raise the funds to keep the club going for another week. There just doesn't appear to be the same fight among Torquay fans. Anyhow, I hope Yellowmayday is able to stir them up and I wish them the best.
Not forgetting Terry Pavey, aka Hern of this parish, who decamped to Exeter from [I think] his home in Hertfordshire and lived in his motorhome, parked up alongside the Doble Stand, for weeks if not months.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not forgetting Terry Pavey, aka Hern of this parish, who decamped to Exeter from [I think] his home in Hertfordshire and lived in his motorhome, parked up alongside the Doble Stand, for weeks if not months.
In my opinion the least recognised but one of the most important people who helped save our club was Terry. Rarely gets the thanks he deserved

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
In my opinion the least recognised but one of the most important people who helped save our club was Terry. Rarely gets the thanks he deserved
I'd concur 100 per cent. And some. If Torquay can find themselves a Terry Pavey then they'll have a fighting chance of charting a course through their current problems.