• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
People are going think City fans are Wombles before long or maybe even AFC Wimbledon fans 😉

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
People are going think City fans are Wombles before long
Just as long as we're not up the Orinoco without a paddle ! :)

fred binneys head

I saw the Wombles once, in a taxi at St David’s station. They waved to me.

Oldsmobile-88

Monday I walked back from Aldi on Alphington Road to the top of Okehampton Road and collected 19 cans for city without even trying. I'm sure I got several similar looks from passers by.
I do a sweep for cans once a week(plus other rubbish)around my neighbourhood, it’s usually the same places where they are dumped. It’s surprising how many are collected in a short space of time.

Andy_H

I do a sweep for cans once a week(plus other rubbish)around my neighbourhood, it’s usually the same places where they are dumped. It’s surprising how many are collected in a short space of time.
Oh definately, once you look for them they are everywhere, it's funny how people can carry a full can out with them but, it's then too heavy to carry home EMPTY!
Still, their anti social behaviour is to ECFCs benefit.

iscalad

Probably waving you away😅😅

Oldsmobile-88

3E23AA23-4AD2-452C-BC53-AF90B3B7DA33.jpeg

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh definately, once you look for them they are everywhere, it's funny how people can carry a full can out with them but, it's then too heavy to carry home EMPTY!
Still, their anti social behaviour is to ECFCs benefit.
Andy,

I have a couple of more black bags full to bring in, but last time the enclosure was completely full, has it been emptied?

Andy Holloway

Andy,

I have a couple of more black bags full to bring in, but last time the enclosure was completely full, has it been emptied?
John, apologies for that I've been 'in Hobbit land' for 6 weeks so have only had 'emergency' cover in place on an as and when basis. All cages clear now, well on Tuesday anyway, so please drop your bags round anytime.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have eight black bags full of crushed cans at home. However my current illnesses are preventing me from getting to SJP. Can anyone in the Plymouth area take them up for me please? PM me for details.Thanks.