• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe wrong here, but I thought Woods had another year to run on his contract at Hull. Can someone please confirm or otherwise.
One more year but on Championship money is the stumbling block. Two options have him on loan next season with a contract in place after, or Hull come to an arrangment with Woods and pay him up maybe. We certainly can't match his current wage but could offer him a 3 year deal perhaps on lower money but with security

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Take it Harris is buzzing

JayPob94

Woods is different gravy but does run like he's got a testicular torsion

Bridgy 81

I'm going to claim a large slice of credit for this evening’s magnificent result.
When I was in Shrewsbury’s Spoons earlier for my tea (along with a few other travelling Grecians) I spotted that the Manager’s Special was a Caledonian Burger.
Essentially that’s just a standard one but with a big chunk of haggis stuffed inside and a pot of whisky sauce.
I immediately saw it as an omen to Gary’s homeland and ordered myself one.
Probably, in reality, they were trying to get shot of ones left over from Burns Night back in January.
Then my subsequent walk from the town centre to the ground was quite eventful.
Although I knew it was a couple of miles away, which is no problem even for me, I must have misinterpreted my mobile’s SatNav instructions.
I ended up going around the houses (literally) and then into a dark and very muddy wooded area.
I was about to abandon this route and retrace my steps when I saw another illuminated phone torch.
That could have been very good news, or very bad news.
Fortunately it was a Shrewsbury supporter called Simon who apparently parks at his Mum's house and walks that rather unusual route to the ground as well.
The final part was over a golf course, but if it wasn't for him I think I'd still be somewhere in the trees now rather than writing this!
Thank you Simon.
Anyway, to the match.
I couldn’t see the incident clearly which led to their early red card, but maybe Mr Rock thought he owed us one?
But whatever the rights or wrongs of that we took advantage of the situation brilliantly.
Again because all three first half goals were down the far end from us I couldn’t make out the details but what a clinical performance, albeit against ten men.
I don’t think I’ve ever been so relaxed watching City play.
It’s tough picking out individuals but I think Woods was exceptional. He’s several cuts above our level in my opinion.
He is composure personified and although he still has a year left at Hull if there’s a deal to be done I’d bite their hands off for it.
But I think everyone, including all the substitutes, played an important role today.
To cap the evening off I bumped into Martin Weiler and his friend Mike.
They very kindly gave me a lift back into the town centre after the match so I was spared any further directional mishaps.
Nice Shrewsbury fan, fantastic result and performance by us, and very generous fellow Grecian hospitality.
What a night and me and Mrs Bridgy have still got Ironbridge to look forward to on the way home tomorrow.
I love following City on the road.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Decent performance against a poor Shrewsbury side, obviously impaired by the red card. But we put them to the sword and could have had more goals. Very pleased with the result, especially as we didn’t play well initially when they lost their player. Some stupid decisions made by some of the players on the field but none by SGC and we run out deserved winners! Geddon City!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm going to claim a large slice of credit for this evening’s magnificent result.
When I was in Shrewsbury’s Spoons earlier for my tea (along with a few other travelling Grecians) I spotted that the Manager’s Special was a Caledonian Burger.
Essentially that’s just a standard one but with a big chunk of haggis stuffed inside and a pot of whisky sauce.
I immediately saw it as an omen to Gary’s homeland and ordered myself one.
Probably, in reality, they were trying to get shot of ones left over from Burns Night back in January.
Then my subsequent walk from the town centre to the ground was quite eventful.
Although I knew it was a couple of miles away, which is no problem even for me, I must have misinterpreted my mobile’s SatNav instructions.
I ended up going around the houses (literally) and then into a dark and very muddy wooded area.
I was about to abandon this route and retrace my steps when I saw another illuminated phone torch.
That could have been very good news, or very bad news.
Fortunately it was a Shrewsbury supporter called Simon who apparently parks at his Mum's house and walks that rather unusual route to the ground as well.
The final part was over a golf course, but if it wasn't for him I think I'd still be somewhere in the trees now rather than writing this!
Thank you Simon.
Anyway, to the match.
I couldn’t see the incident clearly which led to their early red card, but maybe Mr Rock thought he owed us one?
But whatever the rights or wrongs of that we took advantage of the situation brilliantly.
Again because all three first half goals were down the far end from us I couldn’t make out the details but what a clinical performance, albeit against ten men.
I don’t think I’ve ever been so relaxed watching City play.
It’s tough picking out individuals but I think Woods was exceptional. He’s several cuts above our level in my opinion.
He is composure personified and although he still has a year left at Hull if there’s a deal to be done I’d bite their hands off for it.
But I think everyone, including all the substitutes, played an important role today.
To cap the evening off I bumped into Martin Weiler and his friend Mike.
They very kindly gave me a lift back into the town centre after the match so I was spared any further directional mishaps.
Nice Shrewsbury fan, fantastic result and performance by us, and very generous fellow Grecian hospitality.
What a night and me and Mrs Bridgy have still got Ironbridge to look forward to on the way home tomorrow.

Given previous posts sounds like a dog gone story to me and Ironbridge may be place of ill repute.
Can't blame you as we don't know what sarnies you had today !
Enjoy Ironbridge - nudge nudge wink wink as Monty P would say.

roger wellman

Great win. Have we ever won two away games 3 nil in the 3rd tier in the same season? I'm pretty sure we haven't. UTC.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was a lovely scoreline to wake up to and great to see us following two promising performances against top teams with a clinical victory against one of our direct rivals. You know what, I think we might just stay up this season and also Gary Caldwell might just know what he's doing.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster