• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster

Spoonz Red E

Source TUST posting here ...

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wish them well but think they will struggle to raise that level of funds let alone be able to continue afterwards in a cost of living crisis

DB9

I wish them well but think they will struggle to raise that level of funds let alone be able to continue afterwards in a cost of living crisis
So what happened to all the other bidders who were feited by the TUST and others? Have those pulled out because of any financial concerns? I wish them well but Osborne won't be handing over the club for nothing, Remember, they're not officially in administration so Osborne is still the owner.

andrew p long

Yes, its pleasing to see TUST get down to the nitty gritty of putting together a proposal and also being open about the identity of the 'investors'.

But this is all so early stage...no detail on how to deal with Torquay's massive debts (presumably administration/a CVA beckon) and future running costs. If all the cash is used up on a purchase price...

TUST must also presumably be twin tracking plans for a phoenix club, if necessary.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Update from the Club

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Update from the Club

No mention of TUST there, just pleas for more donations. Wouldn't fans be better off donating to TUST?

DB9

From the BBC Sport Website:

The Trust added they would need to raise at least £150,000 over the next few weeks "to stabilise and reset the club".

Good luck, I remember our Red or Dead scheme to raise enough money to help with the CVA, We were no where near and it was only the Man U game that we got lucky with. This time of year there are no lucky cup draws etc, There is something about asking supporters for £100, Tough times asking for that kind of money.

andrew p long

No mention of TUST there, just pleas for more donations. Wouldn't fans be better off donating to TUST?
Indeed. Give your money either to a) Clarke Osborne, still the owner of Torquay or b) the Trust. Not a difficult decision is it?

The message from Torquay/Osborne is simple could have been written by Bob Geldof 'give us your ******* money'

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the BBC Sport Website:

The Trust added they would need to raise at least £150,000 over the next few weeks "to stabilise and reset the club".

Good luck, I remember our Red or Dead scheme to raise enough money to help with the CVA, We were no where near and it was only the Man U game that we got lucky with. This time of year there are no lucky cup draws etc, There is something about asking supporters for £100, Tough times asking for that kind of money.
Was the target for Red or Dead £750k though? Or am I misremembering? I thought £100k or more was raised?