• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Radio Free Skaro

I’ve looked at today video of him and it doesn’t seem bad to me.
Presumably yours is particularly impressive.
Any chance, as you’ve been a bit acerbic, that you could post up a picture of yours?
Dunno what Matt's win ratio is post City, must be very low. things willneed to improve soon or we will need to change the thread title again!!

JGrecian23

Dunno what Matt's win ratio is post City, must be very low. things willneed to improve soon or we will need to change the thread title again!!
Points per game:

Matt Taylor 1.24.
Gary Caldwell 1.20.

I agree. Changes should be made 😀

Bridgy 81

I was commenting on here about people being critical of his current haircut, if you can actually believe that.
Not his managerial record.
Presumably they’re Adonises. But we’re still waiting for their photos.

sign of the chimes

Rovers imploding, Matt has lost the dressing room on account of not issuing playing contracts. Plenty trouble.
If he's not issuing contracts to players he doesn't plan to retain then it's not that much of an issue - assuming those in charge are aware of his plans. They're at no real risk so will glide this season out and he gets to put together a squad he fancies a bit more in the summer. I'd also assume he has a fairly generous compensation clause that might discourage Rovers pulling the trigger too soon - given he took over very shortly after leaving Rotherham, who I assume would have been liable to pay him compensation for 12 months if he didn't take something else. He may have taken a haircut, but suspect Rovers are on the hook for some of that if they let him go within his first year or so.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
4 points change is not a huge difference

Just saying like
I thought the same, hardly a shocking turn of events 😂

tavyred

I thought the same, hardly a shocking turn of events 😂
Lots of complaints about the entertainment value of his Rovers team I see.
An important issue for a few on here when it comes to judging a managers performance I seem to recall.😎
I hope he crashes and burns at Rovers, they’re in direct competition with the mighty Grecians, plus he left us in the lurch at the first available opportunity, so I no longer like the tw@t! 😀

STURTZ

An important issue for a few on here when it comes to judging a managers performance I seem to recall.😎
I hope he crashes and burns at Rovers, they’re in direct competition with the mighty Grecians, plus he left us in the lurch at the first available opportunity, so I no longer like the tw@t! 😀
Nothing against Matt, just think it's great that our club can compete with and hopefully overtake better resourced clubs than us, clubs such as Rovers and Charlton.

Grecian Max

I don’t really get your point? It seems pretty muddy

How does Taylor struggling at Rovers have anything to do with the way Caldwell is playing football here?

Obviously any comparison with MT and GC would be with what happened at SJP?

Struggling to see the relevance in this desperate attempt to exeweb point score®

I also don’t wish him ill as a club legend, multiple promotion winner as both captain and manager. Always showed respect and left for a good opportunity for his young family. Bizarre the vitriol you have for him 😂

In the modern era you’re unlikely to find many associated with the club like him with that many positive achievements

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Nothing against Matt, just think it's great that our club can compete with and hopefully overtake better resourced clubs than us, clubs such as Rovers and Charlton.
Extra cash spent maybe, but not better managed. Both have been soap operas for years.

tavyred

I don’t really get your point? It seems pretty muddy
KMT is often quoted in order to contrast him with GC as an example of a manager who seeks to entertain as well as play effective football.
Looking at the utterances of the fans of Rovrum and Rovers, something must have changed with KMT’s approach, as he’s getting slaughtered for the boring tactics he employs.
Perhaps it isn’t as easy to turn on the entertainment tap as some would like to believe. 🤷‍♂️