• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club's Accounts ending June 2023

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I really don't want to see people from the Big Bank in hot tubs as I walk down the Jungle Path.

No offence...
Especially as NLM would be the first to use it, Bluetooth and all

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is good that the club budgets ahead based on what we know, it is worth highlighting that this could change quite quickly if we aren't selling players.
While this is undoubtedly true, it is worth noting that on top of the £2,326,000 we have already received this financial year we still have money for Josh Key to be added to the pot. This money won't last for ever but should allow us to maintain a competitive budget for a couple more seasons.

denzel

While this is undoubtedly true, it is worth noting that on top of the £2,326,000 we have already received this financial year we still have money for Josh Key to be added to the pot. This money won't last for ever but should allow us to maintain a competitive budget for a couple more seasons.
Oh yes, the ever movable tribunal! Might get something in 2028 with any luck .

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the last fans forum I asked the CEO about the reliance on player sales and he was candid in saying that despite massively incresed attendances we are still overly reliant on transfer income and would be for the forseeable.
And this will continue as long as pretty much every club runs at a loss on it's day-to-day trading. While other clubs plug the gap with various forms of external finance our only option to remain competitive is to sell players for a profit. And you only have to look at a club like Plymouth to see that's it very easy to talk the talk of becoming a sustainable club but it's almost impossible to do in practice.

C j phill

At the last fans forum I asked the CEO about the reliance on player sales and he was candid in saying that despite massively incresed attendances we are still overly reliant on transfer income and would be for the forseeable.
If that's the case, I'd be more than interested to see the CEO, CFO and Head of Commercial's job descriptions and targets for season 2024/25.

ExmouthMart

Anyone know what this was for and how this works?!

Attachments

Pete Martin (CTID)

Good write-up.....
BBC Sport

denzel

Interesting to see that Shrewsbury made a 3mn loss in the same period. I see them as a similar size club, their wages are similar and their chairman put in £1mn but still they made a loss. So we are clearly doing something right.

Grecian Max

Interesting to see that Shrewsbury made a 3mn loss in the same period. I see them as a similar size club, their wages are similar and their chairman put in £1mn but still they made a loss. So we are clearly doing something right.

Be interesting to know more about this as you raise a good comparison

I wonder if they’re still paying back their new stadium? Was that all covered with the Gay Meadow sale?

The top level figures are a stark contrast considering the similar sized gates, it can’t all be down to our transfer windfalls

Colesman Ballz

We have been on TV less this year due to it being our 2nd season in League 2 and would expect less in next accounts
Somehow I've managed to miss our relegation ! :cool: