• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
To add a little balance here, even at our very nadir (when we were three levels adrift of the scum) anti-Argiggle chants frequently rang out from the BB...and quite rightly too!

denzel

To add a little balance here, even at our very nadir (when we were three levels adrift of the scum) anti-Argiggle chants frequently rang out from the BB...and quite rightly too!
Yes but I thought the point here was that this was a game where our fans turned up to help.

andrew p long

Given how immaculate our pitch is and the fact that we have only one first team game left this season I wonder if there was ever any serious discussion about playing this game at SJP.
Nice idea, but Gloucester's 3G pitch presumably gives certainty of going ahead. And scrambling to rearrange things like stewarding would be tricky at short-ish notice.

Grecian2K

Given how immaculate our pitch is and the fact that we have only one first team game left this season I wonder if there was ever any serious discussion about playing this game at SJP.
Would we really want to let them kick lumps out of our pitch as well as our players in the same season? 😡
I think not!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
16th April massive game away to Taunton

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
But quite happy to ask us to 'support' them in their hour of need!
So if they really don’t like us why did they rally round to help us at the time when we were in serious trouble in the early 2000s

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Not sure many city fans turned up did they?

if I had been tempted to go would have been in the away end in the hope they got turned over.

I imagine relations between the clubs will be good and we will offer whatever help we can but guess between fans it will continue to be unfriendly or indifferent in many quarters. I wouldn’t have been quick to kiss argyle’s backsides had they be helping us , so can see why some of torquay‘s fan base continue to try to stoke a rivalry.

geoffwp

Let's not forget we hate Argyle but we only smile at the Torquay.

Reactions: DB9

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Truro's next 3 matches are at 'home'. They play Torquay tonight, Eastbourne on Wednesday and Yeovil on Thursday, presumably all in Gloucester. That's mad.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Torquay one up