• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Choose the New Third Kit for Next Season

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
So new third and away?

Grecian Max

Never mess with the stripes.
A Trust board obsessed with the 1990 kit (the 03/04 kit was directly lifted to recall good times) means this is is now the attitude of a lot of our fanbase, sadly

Means the option to be creative on our home shirt is severely limited to messing around with either stripe width or short colours

Plenty in our history that says otherwise

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.56.16.pngScreenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.56.26.pngScreenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.56.22.png

Grecian Max

Would love to see a redder home kit with pin stripes or an all white number

The kits from 1977-80 in particular are fantastic

But yes, lets keep looking like a cross between Sheff Utd and Southampton until the end of time

The kit from 02/03 was actually really different in a good way, but people associate it with failure

Shame, because we could really do some cool stuff

StudentGrecian

I think the third shirt will be revealed before July. We’ve already seen both kits, just need the announcement of the vote winner!
Reckon this post is just about the new Away kit.

Nigel E

Would love to see a redder home kit with pin stripes or an all white number

The kits from 1977-80 in particular are fantastic
I was lucky enough to track down one of these a year or so ago. It's from the 78-79 season as the 'ECFC' has the fancy writing. (In 77-78 it was in plain text).

It's long sleeve with no number on the back, so am not sure if it was an unused club shirt or an early replica. I don't really recall replica shirts being sold back then, but I've seen people say that they were able to buy them somehow.

Unfortunately I can't squeeze into it as it's a 1970s medium!

20230531_151715.jpg

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It'd be nice to have a shirt that looks nothing like Lincoln City's home shirt.

Grecian Max

I was lucky enough to track down one of these a year or so ago. It's from the 78-79 season as the 'ECFC' has the fancy writing. (In 77-78 it was in plain text).

It's long sleeve with no number on the back, so am not sure if it was an unused club shirt or an early replica. I don't really recall replica shirts being sold back then, but I've seen people say that they were able to buy them somehow.

View attachment 15232
Look at that beauty!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

View attachment 15232
That's a lovely shirt, would love us to bring that back.

grecianred

View attachment 15232
This is my dream city shirt. I'd happily make you an offer if ever you're open to selling it.