• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
And soon!
We are relatively lucky in that we are still cash rich with money in the bank so not waiting for this to pay bills! I did read (perhaps on here?) that a possible reason why we aren't raising this constantly is that financially it's better the longer this get's dragged out for accounting reasons? Namely we will pay more corporation tax if the money is received in the same year as the Amps, Nombe and Archie money? Seems logical to me but I'm no accountant :)

wiveygrecian

We are relatively lucky in that we are still cash rich with money in the bank so not waiting for this to pay bills! I did read (perhaps on here?) that a possible reason why we aren't raising this constantly is that financially it's better the longer this get's dragged out for accounting reasons? Namely we will pay more corporation tax if the money is received in the same year as the Amps, Nombe and Archie money? Seems logical to me but I'm no accountant :)
Just seems poor that we have nearly complete a whole season without Josh and we still haven’t been paid a penny!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seems poor that we have nearly complete a whole season without Josh and we still haven’t been paid a penny!
Agreed. The system is totally broke! I wonder if Taggy has tried at FA L1 meetings to raise the tribunal system and how it impacts on lower league clubs? I suspect he has which makes me wonder what the stumbling block/s are to getting things changed?

Bridgy 81

Agreed. The system is totally broke! I wonder if Taggy has tried at FA L1 meetings to raise the tribunal system and how it impacts on lower league clubs? I suspect he has which makes me wonder what the stumbling block/s are to getting things changed?
It’s nonsensical.
What’s so difficult about gathering a bit of information about our development of Josh and then getting a handful of people together (virtually would suffice) to deliberate on a fair compensation amount?
It’s over nine months since he signed for them and it looks like we’ll play an entire season after his departure and have missed at least two transfer windows without being paid what we’re owed.
Any pronouncements we occasionally hear about supporting clubs lower down the pyramid don’t hold much water on this evidence.

Exehausted

Coming out of the ground on Saturday, the person I sit with made the point that this season we have avoided the dreaded "former players coming back to haunt us at the Park" scenario. Jayden Stockley, Ryan Bowman and Jamie Reid all failed to score against us. Josh Randell and Archie Collins I can't remember hurting us much, I can't even remember if Josh played and sorry, I can't be bothered to check. Sercs has scored quite a few goals again this year and although he played okay he didn't destroy us as he has in the past. Jack Sparkes I thought had a good game as a defender but he wasn't able to hurt us at home going forward, although he did get an assist at Fratton Park. George Friend, in what I think was his last match before retirement, played really well to stop our progress down the right and he probably had the best game of all the returnees. Yanic absolutely creamed Jake Caprice and Harper had a poor game when we played Burton. I'm sure I've forgotten some, but overall I think we kept them at bay very well.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s nonsensical.
What’s so difficult about gathering a bit of information about our development of Josh and then getting a handful of people together (virtually would suffice) to deliberate on a fair compensation amount?
It’s over nine months since he signed for them and it looks like we’ll play an entire season after his departure and have missed at least two transfer windows without being paid what we’re owed.
Any pronouncements we occasionally hear about supporting clubs lower down the pyramid don’t hold much water on this evidence.
Whilst I agree it should only take a few weeks to get this done, I can understand why the club isn't pushing it, as there doesn't seem to be much transfer income coming through next season

Rosencrantz

Coming out of the ground on Saturday, the person I sit with made the point that this season we have avoided the dreaded "former players coming back to haunt us at the Park" scenario. Jayden Stockley, Ryan Bowman and Jamie Reid all failed to score against us. Josh Randell and Archie Collins I can't remember hurting us much, I can't even remember if Josh played and sorry, I can't be bothered to check. Sercs has scored quite a few goals again this year and although he played okay he didn't destroy us as he has in the past. Jack Sparkes I thought had a good game as a defender but he wasn't able to hurt us at home going forward, although he did get an assist at Fratton Park. George Friend, in what I think was his last match before retirement, played really well to stop our progress down the right and he probably had the best game of all the returnees. Yanic absolutely creamed Jake Caprice and Harper had a poor game when we played Burton. I'm sure I've forgotten some, but overall I think we kept them at bay very well.
I take it you mean Joel Randall 🙂. Joel gave us a really difficult time in the first half of the home game against Peterborough. He was finding all kinds of space drifting out to the left and overloading us with Mason-Clarke and Burrows. Second half he was the one sacrificed when the right winger got sent off.

Apart from that though we haven't suffered much but you are tempting fate now with Ryan Loft to deal with on Saturday 😉

Exehausted

I take it you mean Joel Randall 🙂. Joel gave us a really difficult time in the first half of the home game against Peterborough. He was finding all kinds of space drifting out to the left and overloading us with Mason-Clarke and Burrows. Second half he was the one sacrificed when the right winger got sent off.

Apart from that though we haven't suffered much but you are tempting fate now with Ryan Loft to deal with on Saturday 😉

Yes sorry Joel Randall. I tried thinking who else there was to play against and I'd forgotten about Ryan Loft, so hope I haven't jinxed anything! Also we were only talking about people who have come to the Park as neither of us travel away.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie scores again!

denzel

Alex Fisher scores for Yeovil which should confirm their promotion