• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Zak Jules

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like the option on his contract is his option not ours.

Let’s hope he signs.

I read/understand/assume it the other way. We can exercise the option for next year, but are offering him a 2 year deal instead.

I too hope he signs on for 2 more years. (seemed at a bit of a strange deal when he signed, that we paid a fee but the contract was initially for just one year.)

Bridgy 81

I read/understand/assume it the other way. We can exercise the option for next year, but are offering him a 2 year deal instead.

I too hope he signs on for 2 more years. (seemed at a bit of a strange deal when he signed, that we paid a fee but the contract was initially for just one year.)
Everything I’ve read previously about this has said that it’s the club who have the option on the second year.
I suppose the reason we structured his signing the way we did was to protect ourselves.
With the option in our favour it was essentially a two year deal but with us having the opportunity to end it half way through if Zak hadn’t settled or didn’t cut the mustard on the pitch.
Clearly he has so at his relatively young age and with his experience now, provided what he’s requesting is reasonable, I’d certainly be offering him another two years and probably bunging another year option on the end of that as well (in our favour, of course).

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
No club is going to sign a player on a one year deal then give the player the power to decide if they want to be here or not the following year.

milts

Hopefully you are correct and it would certainly make more sense for the option to sit with the club.

Just reread the article and I think you can read it both ways.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excellent that we are in talks lets hope we secure him longer term
One of the players of the season for me 'Mr Consistent'
Sign him up

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

Mid Devon Grecian

Excellent that we are in talks lets hope we secure him longer term
One of the players of the season for me 'Mr Consistent'
Sign him up
Agreed, once GC played him in his best position of LCB he was way ahead of Hartridge IMO. Asking him to play that inverted wing back role didn’t do him any favours earlier in the season.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've a lot of time for Ben Purrington and think he's a decent player at this level but Zak made such a difference when he came on - somehow both re-assuring and classy. Not sure what the delay is in him signing a new contract but really hoping he does so soon.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've a lot of time for Ben Purrington and think he's a decent player at this level but Zak made such a difference when he came on - somehow both re-assuring and classy. Not sure what the delay is in him signing a new contract but really hoping he does so soon.
The delay will be on advice from his agent. Players doing well have the right to choose. Waiting to see increases the potential options to choice from. Some players don't want to wait. Let's hope Zak us one of those.

ryancooper327

Hopefully a 3 year deal this week... Worth locking in our LCB position for years to come.