• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
F y i the Great Western Grecians are in the Bristol area.
Thanks Ian

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rightwing -sorry to hear news too but wonder if there are any Great Western Grecians who could organise transport via railway to SJP for pick up there ?
Depending on where in Plymouth you are (I'm in Upper Swilly) I can offer to collect / drop them off at Plymouth Rail Station ?
Would be great to organise an Environmentally friendly delivery for the greater Grecian good.
UTDC
Thanks for the thought GIG but , as Ian explains, difficult to do! Hopefully I'll manage to get there shortly as I need to chat over some major fundraising schemes with Nick Hawker.

Alfie 1966

7 bags dropped at Cat & Fiddle training ground ,, sorry not got to crush up neighbour not happy with noise ,,, Next batch will take out C&F and crush out there as long as Gary does not tell me off as well.

Alfie 1966

20240411_091254 (1).jpg

Andy_H

7 bags dropped at Cat & Fiddle training ground ,, sorry not got to crush up neighbour not happy with noise ,,, Next batch will take out C&F and crush out there as long as Gary does not tell me off as well.
Thanks Alfie, i'll collect them on my way into SJP next Tuesday.
Love the Red post by your front wall!

Andy_H

I don't normally post with reference to any particular amount of cans dropped off at SJP but today is an exception. This morning the Landlord of The Devon Yeoman dropped off 20 bags of crushed cans which i [gu]estimate to be in the region of 120+kg, at the current price that's in the region of £100+ for Cans4City, a brilliant achievement.

We now have 17 dumpy bags full, ready to be collected and still have another 10 days before ECC come to pick them up.

That's incoming funds, so now for some outgoing funds, we've made a sizable donation towards the 'ECFC Canopy - We've got you covered' appeal and may bbe ble to make another later on during constuction.

Please pass on to all your friends, families & work colleaques the word about 'Cans4City', what we do and where the money collected goes, plus the fact that it's 'almost' cost free and you get to enjoy a can of lager/cider/coke whatever as well!

Andy_H

ECC 'Resources Reclaimation' team arrived at SJP today and left with 740kg of crushed aluminium cans, roughly £630 into the Cans4City coffers, with more to come next week i understand. So now it's back to the begining again and start filling up more dumpy bags ready for our next load, which should be just before the new season starts.

Pmc grecian

ECC 'Resources Reclaimation' team arrived at SJP today and left with 740kg of crushed aluminium cans, roughly £630 into the Cans4City coffers, with more to come next week i understand. So now it's back to the begining again and start filling up more dumpy bags ready for our next load, which should be just before the new season starts.
Fantastic work everybody 👍

Andy_H

Just to add a bit more info;

Last financial year 2023 – 2024 achieved:

£5298.06 Net income and £516.71 in Recycling credit value claimable*. 7.13 tonnes of cans recycled!

So to date, since we went in with ECC in July 2020, we have achieved: £16.910 net income (not including any recycling credit value claimed) and recycled over 20 tonnes of cans. Which is around 1.4 million cans. [Hic burp....]

2024-25 is off to a good start with 740kg collected this morning (£703) with £38 already collected in April from community sources.

* Recycling Credit claimed by ECCT as a registered charity.

Price for recycled aluminium for April is £950 per tne.

Andy_H

Fantastic work everybody 👍
Thanks but, a huge Thank-you must especially go to 'Grecian/Villan' Matt Hulland at ECC Resources Reclamation Team, without who's intervention, back in July 2020, we would not been able to have achieved what we have today.