• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Project 6000 and sustainability in L1 compatible with selling our "Gems"?

Boyo

Nobodies getting screwed! My matchday experience involves paying £20 ish for a train, more if I drive, several pints and food. All these prices have risen a lot over recent years but we pay them anyway. Why should our club be the business that takes the hit whilst everybody else raises their prices accordingly?
This is the bit where people spit out their coffee and and scream hysterically that we are crap and boring and lucky if anybody turns up.

I think we're wonderful and on the cusp of great things.😄
The Chiefs put their prices up significantly after Covid in the expectation that the loyal fans would continue to attend. They didn't. Attendances plummeted and 12 months later with their tail between their legs they announced a significant reduction in prices. Attendances however did not bounce back straight away and they now only sell out for the really big games. The lasting perception is that a day out at the Chiefs is now prohibitively expensive.

I appreciate you are probably not advocating a significant rise in prices, but there is a delicate balance about what people see as "value" and the amount they are willing to spend to watch 90 mins of football. That amount will vary from person to person based on several variables. The season tickets in the Stanno for me, the Mrs and the boy, cost north of £1,000. That's a big chunk of cash, even for someone who has ECFC in the blood.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Delete

Mid Devon Grecian

The Chiefs put their prices up significantly after Covid in the expectation that the loyal fans would continue to attend. They didn't. Attendances plummeted and 12 months later with their tail between their legs they announced a significant reduction in prices. Attendances however did not bounce back straight away and they now only sell out for the really big games. The lasting perception is that a day out at the Chiefs is now prohibitively expensive.

I appreciate you are probably not advocating a significant rise in prices, but there is a delicate balance about what people see as "value" and the amount they are willing to spend to watch 90 mins of football. That amount will vary from person to person based on several variables. The season tickets in the Stanno for me, the Mrs and the boy, cost north of £1,000. That's a big chunk of cash, even for someone who has ECFC in the blood.
Agree that’s a chunk but think it’s very good value. Not a direct comparison with Chiefs as different game and different level.

Similar adult season ticket at chiefs in West Grandstand is £780 for one adult and in total you’re likely to get just 15 games out of that. £52 per game!

Makes City look good value.

Boyo

Agree that’s a chunk but think it’s very good value. Not a direct comparison with Chiefs as different game and different level.

Similar adult season ticket at chiefs in West Grandstand is £780 for one adult and in total you’re likely to get just 15 games out of that. £52 per game!

It does make City look "good value" and that's a great place to be.

Antony Moxey

It makes City look cheaper. Cheaper doesn't always equal good value. Personally I think pretty much all entertainment is grossly overpriced, be it sport, music, film etc etc but that's for a different thread.

denzel

It does make City look "good value" and that's a great place to be.
Yes but they are a top tier side.
We should compare ourselves to other league one clubs. I suspect we will be about average in that respect

denzel

Don't worry, if you are struggling to make ends meet Sturtz will make up the difference

STURTZ

Well make a donation then.
Standard response, totally ignores the fact that £2 raise per entry could raise us an extra £12000 per home game, I'm sure we could have a whip round for you Ant. You'll always be popular if you advocate no price rise, it's when the product begins to suffer or fails to grow that people get angry and stop turning up, probably go and watch the chiefs!
As I've said before, everyone wants growth and quality but stand around with their gobs open scratching their lycre clad arses when it comes to finding ways to pay for it.
God help us if we ever did make The Championship, our "support" would just melt away.

tonykellowfan

I tend to agree that there is nothing wrong with a price rise that is small, say 1 or 2%. I bet many of the club's basic expenses like electricity have gone up far more than that.

denzel

I tend to agree that there is nothing wrong with a price rise that is small, say 1 or 2%. I bet many of the club's basic expenses like electricity have gone up far more than that.
1% is pointless, an extra 4 quid. It is good PR to say that the prices are staying the same, so may actually result in more STs being sold