• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More changes to the FA Cup

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The EFL is seeking compensation. There was no consultation
Well, if the EFL are genuinely serious that could make a start by kicking the Prem Youth Teams out of their Tinpot.
Turn it into a (weekend) "EFA" Cup (and admit teams from the lower end of the pyramid into Prelim Rounds from the August onwards). Let the "big boys" have their own little private kick around amongst themselves.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL is seeking compensation. There was no consultation
Surely they would have had someone on the Board?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Statement from Tranmere Rovers

iscalad

Statement from Tranmere Rovers

And repeat for 100s of other non PL teams.
I see Chris Wilder and Vincent Kompany aren't too impressed.

Oldsmobile-88

The quicker some of the PL clubs fcku off to a European Super League or similar the better.
The FA & PL are two cheeks of the same arse.

manc grecian

Maybe everyone else should stick two fingers up to the FA and PL and boycott the competition.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Maybe everyone else should stick two fingers up to the FA and PL and boycott the competition.
Or boycott the sponsors Emirates.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure that's gonna have a lot of effect.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It occurs to me our 'premier teams', ie those who, as a result of their forays into Europe, might find themselves facing a fixture pile-up, will almost always win their FA Cup ties at the first time of asking.

Indeed, I just looked back and Manchester City haven't had to endure the 'hardship' of a FA Cup replay for more than seven years, since drawing 0-0 with Huddersfield in February 2017.

Therefore, it seems to me, this issue is much exaggerated and [any remaining] magic of the FA Cup is being jeopardised for no legitimate reason. If it's really too much to ask clubs with squads of 50-plus play the [very] occasional 'extra' fixture then I would suggest they're offered the option of forfeiting the replay instead.

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd find that pretty easy to do.