• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

I would have liked him to have been asked the question “Why?” He didn’t want to sign the contract when he was offered it.
I mean it’s his decision but he’s not in the same boat as Hartridge who is actually established and will probably do a Sparkes and join a bigger club.
I’ve always rated Harry and he has his reasons for wanting to move on, it’s going to be interesting to see what his next move is.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd forgotten that "Crediton Kitey" has given 15 years to his local club - I can still remember his first pro goal at Swinderland which seems not long ago.
I don't know how to arrange it but it would be great if on 16 mins we all start singing "Kitey" to honour "one of our own" Kitey ?
Thanks & Good Luck Kitey wherever you end up but DON'T EVER TURN GREEN !

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rovers with Hartridge according to my BRFC mate (appreciate this isn't new news)

Mid Devon Grecian

Rovers with Hartridge according to my BRFC mate (appreciate this isn't new news)
I wouldn’t be disappointed with that destination for them. Don’t think we’ll miss them and lovely for us to give little Rovers our squad/fallen heroes type players to help them out 😂

denzel

I wouldn’t be disappointed with that destination for them. Don’t think we’ll miss them and lovely for us to give little Rovers our squad/fallen heroes type players to help them out 😂
They could be next season's Burton..

StudentGrecian

MT loves a player he knows, so it makes sense. Kite played his best stuff under him so even as a squad player I’m sure he’d be useful to Rovers.

DB9

MT loves a player he knows, so it makes sense. Kite played his best stuff under him so even as a squad player I’m sure he’d be useful to Rovers.
Really? Seems to me the players that he's knows from here that are at Rotherham and Bristol Rovers have done sweet FA under him at both clubs.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Rovers speculation has been around all season.

This would be a very good move for Kite, considering he's not pulled up any trees in League 1 he'll be getting a nice little pay rise and staying relatively local to home.

If I'm a Gas head though I'm a little uninspired by signing Hartridge and Kite when they have a very competitive budget at this level.

STURTZ

Got to be some risk in signing for a manager who doesn't necessarily have the full support of the fan base. If things start to go wrong then the Exeter old boys will come in for criticism before anyone else.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the greatest respect to both players, who I think are much better than we've seen this season, it's a funny old game... Rovers fancy Kite as the answer in midfield, but have sent Woods home from his loan early. Kite couldn't even get on the bench for us, even before the arrival of Woods.... Woods has come in and looks to be our best player down the home straight. Different players fit different approaches etc. obviously, but still...