• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adidas Kits (early 80's)

Mr Bridger

Hatch is wearing the home shirt the year after the green away shirt. As you spotted, the collars are different.

The green one above is the one in the museum.
So it's red then, yes?

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would say so, yes (red). The green shirt only lasted one season and had collars so that looks like the red home one from 80-2 on the historical kits site.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

I would say so, yes (red). The green shirt only lasted one season and had collars so that looks like the red home one from 80-2 on the historical kits site.
Cheers feverpitch.
Pics please everyone if you have any. Thank you.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's the green one (delve's) so you can see the font for ECFC

Last edited:

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is 80/81

Last edited:

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok. Having looked through the squad photos, my best guess is that Hatch might be wearing a red away kit trimmed with white from 1981. Seems like City wore a changed strip vs Spurs in 1981 as spurs wore white and city definitely aren't wearing stripes (the home kit). https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/tottenham-hotspurs-graham-roberts-celebrates-scoring-the-news-photo/834838176#tottenham-hotspurs-graham-roberts-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal-picture-id834838176

Someone who was there might be able to confirm.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Ok. Having looked through the squad photos, my best guess is that Hatch might be wearing a red away kit trimmed with white from 1981. Seems like City wore a changed strip vs Spurs in 1981 as spurs wore white and city definitely aren't wearing stripes (the home kit). https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/tottenham-hotspurs-graham-roberts-celebrates-scoring-the-news-photo/834838176#tottenham-hotspurs-graham-roberts-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal-picture-id834838176

Someone who was there might be able to confirm.
Cheers feverpitch, thank you mate.

godisagrecian

Does anyone have any more pics (colour preferably)of our early 80's Adidas kit? I've been in contact with some about a possible remake of it.
g[/IMG]
Would pay a good amount of money for one of these. Are you just looking to get one for yourself?

Mr Bridger

Would pay a good amount of money for one of these. Are you just looking to get one for yourself?
Been in contact with someone who does remake of old kits, I've got a couple myself, they are decent quality.
I hoping he will make a batch of City shirts but not sure how long it would take, if he decides it will pay or not.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Been in contact with someone who does remake of old kits, I've got a couple myself, they are decent quality.
I hoping he will make a batch of City shirts but not sure how long it would take, if he decides it will pay or not.
Let me know if you get 1 sorted and would like to have a looksee please Mr B ?