• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adidas Kits (early 80's)

Mr Bridger

..........(y)

Northern Red

Was it 77/78 the white one with red adidas stripes down the arm

Mr Bridger

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
So then, is it pronounced Adeedas or AddyDas ?

tonykellowfan

AddyDas

Founded by Adolf Dassler.

Larry Wilkie

So it's red then, yes?
I'm sure the one Peter Hatch is wearing is the one we wore at Spurs in the FA Cup in 1981, which was indeed Red.

Larry Wilkie

Does anyone have any more pics (colour preferably)of our early 80's Adidas kit? I've been in contact with some about a possible remake of it.
What colour was the shirt Peter Hatch is seen wearing, red I guess.

Hi,

I have a few colour pics I took on the day at Spurs when the red kit was worn.

Nothing of any great quality but will give you an idea of the colour.

I have attached one pic, but have had to shrink it down so small to get within the size limit, that you might not be able to see it.

If you want me to send you some of these, by all means pm me your email address and I will happily send.

Larry

Attachments

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was it 77/78 the white one with red adidas stripes down the arm
Always liked that kit,though it caused a stir at the time iirc.Exeter City were always associated with red & white vertical stripes & of course in those days shirts did not have tacky advertising on them.All football clubs have sold their soul on that issue..

Mr Bridger

Hi,

I have attached one pic, but have had to shrink it down so small to get within the size limit, that you might not be able to see it.

If you want me to send you some of these, by all means pm me your email address and I will happily send.

Larry
Cheers for the pics Larry.
I'll send the pics and see if there is any interested to reproduce, fingers crossed.

Red faced

Hi,

Larry
This was their FA Cup away kit for that season - From memory they only wore it away at Newcastle & Spurs only. Red shirts , White shorts & black socks . Came to be known as there Man Utd kit IIRC.