• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I certainly am not going to undermine confidence or write off a good deal of investment whilst Alex and Cheik are still developing into the kind of players they are to become. The only benefit in doing so would be to boost my own slender ego should they eventually fail. Diabate and Hartridge go into next season with a clean sheet in my mind and I hope they thrive.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've never understood fans randomly hating their own players. Hartridge was an integral part of a back 3 in L2 (with Stubbs and Sweeney) that was one of the best we have seen at the club for years.

He has been decent for most of the L1 season and his recent drop off in form has to be seen in the context of a long season, playing some of the best sides in the league, with many of the best midfield players missing.
I don't think anyone hates any of our players, just because a player is playing for City doesn't mean we have to think they're amazing - it's about opinion.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

budegrecian

Substituted before half time during the last game of last season IIRC to now, very deservedly, player of the month.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congrats on the award From what I've seen he's stepped up a level this season . Tbh close season I was thinkin that GC would upgrade the LHS of the defence. And I think pre season that was on his mind .. but now, he looks every part the young player ready for the next step up.. not sure he quite ATM he has the pace for the prem.. but that can be worked on, but a monied team in the championship . Why not.. if storey can dont see why hartridge can't

fred binneys head

Totally agree with this, he’s been great since he broke into the team but he’s been particularly fantastic this season.

Well done Alex.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always been a fan of Hartridge, although he did have a dip in form towards the end of last season. Anyone who was at Barnsley away last season would realise we have a defender who can play above the current level. Keep up the consistency and he won't be here for much longer, even if we're to somehow get promoted he'll be gone.

Simba3011

Some really good passes today, has looked really good on the ball this season

STURTZ

Composed and effective, good to see him getting forward today, played a big part in our goal.

tom_ecfc

Get that contract in front of him asap I say!