• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are We On Sky Soon?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was just looking through our fixtures for the next month, I notice our game at Carlisle is a 1pm kick off hence the question in the title. It seems a very odd time for us to kick off at Carlisle at the end of January. Does anybody know anything?

jimmy

QUOTE="grecIAN Harris, post: 1947617, member: 32"]
I was just looking through our fixtures for the next month, I notice our game at Carlisle is a 1pm kick off hence the question in the title. It seems a very odd time for us to kick off at Carlisle at the end of January. Does anybody know anything?
[/QUOTE]

I think with no crowds. Many games have been switched to 1pm. This doesn't require floodlights and, in theory, be less likely to have a frozen pitch.

With teams travelling the night before, 1pm shouldn't be a problem. It also allows teams to get home at a more social hour.

In answer to the question, no we are not on Sky soon...but we are on BT Sport +72!

IBA

I think with no crowds. Many games have been switched to 1pm. This doesn't require floodlights and, in theory, be less likely to have a frozen pitch.

With teams travelling the night before, 1pm shouldn't be a problem. It also allows teams to get home at a more social hour.

In answer to the question, no we are not on Sky soon...but we are on BT Sport +72!
[/QUOTE]
Is BT Sport 72 a joke? or an actual thing?

jimmy

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

A joke, but we are on BT *insert a high number here*

grecIAN Harris

[/QUOTE]

It just seemed odd that every game in the division was a 3pm ko but ours. As for your frozen pitch theory, you've got that wrong. The longer the sun is on it the less chance you'll have of a frozen pitch, an early KO counteracts that.

Fareham Grecian

[/QUOTE]

A joke, but we are on BT *insert a high number here*
[/QUOTE]
BT Sport Extra 5. 😄

jimmy

As for your frozen pitch theory, you've got that wrong. The longer the sun is on it the less chance you'll have of a frozen pitch, an early KO counteracts that.
Hmm.. we may need to leave this to our very own meteorologist on the ground, Dave T. As the second half, up in the arctic circle of Carlisle, will be in the dark!

But anyway, I think with no crowds, the teams have more freedom to move kick off times.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hmm.. we may need to leave this to our very own meteorologist on the ground, Dave T. As the second half, up in the arctic circle of Carlisle, will be in the dark!

But anyway, I think with no crowds, the teams have more freedom to move kick off times.
Given we have to go the night before, a 1pm means the team might make it back before midnight on Saturday!

Ashford Grecian

Talking of which I don't have BT Sport so guessing I won't be able to watch the cup tie?

Oldsmobile-88

Talking of which I don't have BT Sport so guessing I won't be able to watch the cup tie?
I’ve only got it through Virgin Media,but checking the channels only have BT Sport 1,2 & 3.
Its advertised on BT 5.Anyone know if that’s on a red button on one of the BT Sport channels ???