• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle unbeaten run continues!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's good. Know little about London but I was thinking about Saturday.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, it'll be fine, Fulham's rivals are Chelsea, Brentford and QPR (all West London), we only have Charlton in our division, and they won't give a flying one. The only potential issue is with the green slime, but hopefully the majority will drown out any minority who start anything like that (if they do).

STURTZ

Me too. He's an easy target for the neanderthals and I wonder if Fulham's rivals in our division will pick up on this.
Could happen, especially when he tucks in that 89th minute winner.

Mervyn

OK let’s talk about abuse. When I moved close to Exeter forty years ago my sons and I watched city, Torquay and Argyle in rotation, being neutral towards all three. Then one day we watched city v Newport. The big bank chanted Aberfan, Aberfan throughout the game. When I explained to my sons what it was about, we agreed to never visit the ground again, and duly became Argyle supporters.

In 39 years of supporting Argyle I have never heard such non footballing abuse from the Demport or Zoo corner except, embarrassingly, occasionally when we play you. This is always from a fairly drink-fuelled bunch near me in the Lyndhurst, and they are people I have never seen in any other games during the season. As most of our games are near sell-outs, let’s hope they fail to get tickets this time.

Grecian2K

Which, IMHO, is disingenuous llobox Merv.

Firstly, back in the era you describe the chanting NEVER came from the BB. The long-missed Cowshed along the side was where the singers sang.

Secondly "Aberfan, Aberfan"....really??? Whilst the quasi-Welsh from Monmouthshire were, for a time, rivals,the only songs I can recall directed toward them were a slightly rude version of "There'll Be A Welcome On The Hillside" and their alleged preference for carnal knowledge with ovines.

And, finally. Yeah, whilst "derby games" are traditionally a bit feisty at times I can NEVER remember a match at SJP where the visiting fans were "kettled" into a dark corner by the obliging stewards and Devon & CORNWALL constabulary just so some of Swilly's least worthy "Prospects" could rain stones and sharpened coins at them.

Seems you might need a trip to Specsavers to get those greenish tints removed from your beer goggles? I'm sure you can get your "benefits" to pay for it.

Mervyn

Which, IMHO, is disingenuous llobox Merv.

Firstly, back in the era you describe the chanting NEVER came from the BB. The long-missed Cowshed along the side was where the singers sang.

Secondly "Aberfan, Aberfan"....really??? Whilst the quasi-Welsh from Monmouthshire were, for a time, rivals,the only songs I can recall directed toward them were a slightly rude version of "There'll Be A Welcome On The Hillside" and their alleged preference for carnal knowledge with ovines.

And, finally. Yeah, whilst "derby games" are traditionally a bit feisty at times I can NEVER remember a match at SJP where the visiting fans were "kettled" into a dark corner by the obliging stewards and Devon & CORNWALL constabulary just so some of Swilly's least worthy "Prospects" could rain stones and sharpened coins at them.

Seems you might need a trip to Specsavers to get those greenish tints removed from your beer goggles? I'm sure you can get your "benefits" to pay for it.
What a silly post. Firstly does it matter where the chants came from? Secondly why should my sons and I invent such a memory? At the time we were well disposed to City, you being our nearest club. They’d even planned to buy the scarves. The chants you think we imagined changed all that. Thirdly, try thinking before you post. I said the unruly mob were at HP, not your place.

Finally what a weird jibe about benefits and beer goggles. I thought your banter base was supposed to be about wit. However if you’re under 15, which I suspect, then I take it all back.

cannockred

What a silly post. Firstly does it matter where the chants came from? Secondly why should my sons and I invent such a memory? At the time we were well disposed to City, you being our nearest club. They’d even planned to buy the scarves. The chants you think we imagined changed all that. Thirdly, try thinking before you post. I said the unruly mob were at HP, not your place.

Finally what a weird jibe about benefits and beer goggles. I thought your banter base was supposed to be about wit. However if you’re under 15, which I suspect, then I take it all back.
Your sons were going to buy scarves....bl00dy hell, what were the 'big bank' thinking.

Their stupidity cost the club nearly a fiver. God we must have nearly gone out of business.

With an investment like that, why aren't argiggle premier league at the very least. 😂

Marino

Your sons were going to buy scarves....bl00dy hell, what were the 'big bank' thinking.

Their stupidity cost the club nearly a fiver. God we must have nearly gone out of business.

With an investment like that, why aren't argiggle premier league at the very least. 😂
You actually did nearly go out of business…..twice 😂👏🏼

Marino

I am worried about the reception he'll receive at the Stadium of Shiite if he plays. He's only a kid. Hopefully your braindeads will focus their vitriol on us, not him.
SERIOUS POST

I genuinely believe that the young lad will not get any abuse other than for the fact that he plays for you lot, this will be consistent for your whole side I would imagine.

The passing of his old man was quite some time ago, I doubt most of our younger contingent even know the circumstances behind his passing 👍🏼

cannockred

1663793987352.png

A street scene in Plymouth, 1997. (C) bbc