• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Artur Krysiak to start against Brighton YES or NO

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I have my reservations but it's always good to build some competition for places.

scottus86

I really like Jonesy and I am torn between dropping him after that and giving Krysiak a go or supporting Jonesy through this tough patch.

This is where Tis needs to earn his money.
I think this is right, I'm a big fan of Jonesy, and usually give him the benifit of the doubt, but today he was terrible, I just think giving a young keeper his league debut against Brighton might be a bad decision.

I'll just trust Tis to make the right decision.

Macca

Yes, I just hope he is a good communicator as well as a good shot stopper. Not to bothered by Jonahs inability to kick, but he just doesn't talk!!!

Cravat

Yes, I just hope he is a good communicator as well as a good shot stopper. Not to bothered by Jonahs inability to kick, but he just doesn't talk!!!
Aye, the communication was poor.f The second pen never needed to happen the ball was floating towards Jones' arms, no pressure, and then Troy popped in and headed it to one of their players and then brought him down. It was painful to watch.

All it needed was a 'Keeper's got!'

Last edited:

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, I'd play Krysiak aswell.

Hopefully Gwinnett sits down with Jonah and has a long talk about where he went wrong today.

grecianite

YES! Jones was like a bloody clown today!
Comedy the way in which he saved those pens.......

samwise

Tisdale needs to look Jonesy in the eye on Monday and see if he really believes he will go to the team at the top of league and keep a clean sheet. If not, he has to play Krysiak, who will surely be champing at the bit for a chance.

Jonesy's a good keeper, he's proved that with us many times. He's also shown, however, that mistakes affect his confidence quite a lot and make him shakey. If he's a wreck after this game then Brighton away is not a good idea for him.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have had worries about Jones (both of them!) for a long while

We need a keeper who is not afraid to go for crosses in the 6 yard box. More often than not if the keeper fails to take the cross the ref gives a foul.

Jonah is a good shot stopper (mostly) but is still very poor at kicking and crosses and communication

I may also have to question what is the goalkeeping coach doing?

i_m

Erico

I'd play Krysiak in the Plymuff game, see how he does, despite the two penalty saves Jonesy had a bit of a nightmare imo.

Liam McNamara

yeah what actually is that goalie coach doing!!! well if arthur flaps and fails to kick the ball we know where the problem lies :)