• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow A.F.C. v Exeter City F.C. Match Day Thread

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry to be a harbinger of doom but, having rekindled hope with a spectacular and unexpected victory at Cambridge, you just know we will **** it up tonight at lowly Barrow.

Twas ever thus.
I hate to say it, but...

dontpassback

Taylor says,everyone is fighting,everyone except us it seems

Exappa

Oh, I'd interpreted your post as indicating it was a formal target for Matt Taylor from the Club Board but now understand that it's your expectation.

As an aside, I think that the manager and his staff should have a clear target for each season, so that they can determine whether they're achieving what is being expected.
I’d hope such targets were not exclusively bound to position in the table, as definitive and wanted as they might be- incoming players’ performance relative to outgoing players could be included, for example. Oh and I wish our amiable post match interviewer felt able to set more searching questions.

Grecian_Matt

**** poor performance and even more disappointing given how well we played against Cambridge.
I think from now on if we start Attangana, I will bet on the other team - I can only see this as some sort of match fixing and inside betting.

I've had enough of Taylor now, sometimes says the right things but after 3 seasons there is only so many times you can say the same things.
He has had plenty of transfer windows to bring in his own players and make us compete how he wants us too.
But 2 out of 3 seasons we have not made the play offs.

I am just going to say it - TAYLOR OUT!!

IndoMike

When you look at the team sheet pre-match and groan you just know we're gonna play cr*p. What do you do when you've just hammered the top team : well you fark around with the personnel and system again
It's almost like the club is taking the p*ss.
Every time we get close to the play offs we lose again. Bloody torture.
I am not convinced that the club, Taylor or even the players are genuinely wanting to get out of their comfort zone and get promoted. If they are, where is the fight?
Tinker Taylor..

Last edited:

geoffwp

I am just going to say it - TAYLOR OUT!!
Total bo11ox, the usual exeweb cringeworthy rubbish.

Colesman Ballz

I hate to say it, but...
Yes we are well aware that it is ALL YOUR FAULT Stroudy ! Go and stand on the "naughty step" ! :)

Red Devon

Big Nige had a better game last night despite picking up an early card, I can’t think of anything else positive to say about the game though.

milts

Taylor says plenty of the right things however at what point do you say things don't seem to improve ?
After 3 seasons.

milts

Big Nige had a better game last night despite picking up an early card, I can’t think of anything else positive to say about the game though.
Did he? I thought he was terrible but no worse than the rest of them so maybe that’s an improvement for him.